Lawdy, I'm trying NOT to change the oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Accord is at 6K miles now on its second run of PP 5W-20. The OLM is at 30%. I told myself I was going to run PP full synthetic so I could resist changing the oil before the OLM got to 15%. But I'm starting to itch, and I've got this rash, and I'm twitching, and...well, somebody stop me!

LouDawg,
You are the poster boy for someone that should own a Euro car! Over-maintenance is the key to keeping Euro cars on the road.
Honda Accord reliability is wasted on someone like you.
grin.gif

VeeDubb, you're probably right. But I'm going for some kind of mileage record...not sure exactly which, but "some kind".
wink.gif

Aldaris, the oil is darker for sure, but it's certainly not black. Sort of molasses-colored...not molasses-thick, just color.

I guess I'm kind of anxious to pull my sample and have my first UOA done on the PP. After I switched from MC, I wanted to wait until the second oci to do the UOA. I'm really eager to see how well this Honda likes it.

I bet he broke, hes out there changing his oil in the dark.
Crying with a freaky laugh, "ahahahawahaha IM DOING IT!"
crazy.gif

Quote:

I bet he broke, hes out there changing his oil in the dark.
Crying with a freaky laugh, "ahahahawahaha IM DOING IT!"
crazy.gif

LOL...no, but almost did last night. It will be done this weekend, of that I have no doubt.
wink.gif

I darn-near had the shakes bringing my OLM to 0% for the first time. The previous run was to 20% and UOA showed there was tons of life left.

Haven't got the 0% sample in to the lab yet, but I'm pretty confident it will be good. You can do it!!!

LouDawg,

What about your Factory Fill? Were you able to keep it in for the duration?

Look forward to your UOA...but I'll bet it will be fine.

Jim5, I don't know...I just can't stand to wait. I want to see what the UOA looks like at 6K, especially since it seemed to use just a tad of oil on PP.

Other Lou (hehehe), I took the ff out to around 5800 miles I think. The OLM was somewhere between 20-30% at the time. I felt that was far enough for break-in.

Let's not start that "other Lou" junk again!
wink.gif

That's better than I did. I made it to 3215. But I had a good excuse...

If only I could get the wear numbers under control I would push the Amsoil 0W20 to the limit, even going past the OLM (gasp!). But right now, my Aluminum has been high at 5K so I've been dumping it around 20% OLM.

I'm trying to remember, is this a 3.5L?

We need to give LouDawg our full support in his "stepping out" here
wink.gif

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! You too can BOLDLY walk out of that prison you've been keeping yourself in.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back