Latest Walmart visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many retail outfits (Whole Foods under Amazon's direction, for one. My local dollar store is another) are trying to successfully implement just in time product ordering.

The theory is just as the last item on the shelf is being purchased, the replacement load was just placed on the U-Boat with the clerk pushing the replacement product up the aisle to be restocked. The genius that thought this up without a margin for error never worked on a retail floor. Inevitably, out of stock items happens often in this type of place.

Originally Posted By: Driz
Originally Posted By: CKN
Walmart loses 3 billion (that's right 3 billion) due to theft each and every year.

http://fortune.com/2015/06/05/walmart-theft/

Considering the clientele that visit that place in a regular basis is anybody surprised
crazy.gif

Every time I go in that place I am simply amazed at the mutants lurking about.

And how often do we get threads about members of this forum at Walmart? Hint: all the time.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Employees are the biggest single source of pilferage.

When I was working retail years ago, store managers had to check your bags and walk you out to the entrance. They still do these days, it's an LP practice. But I do recall seeing torn price tags and underwear boxes in the bathroom next to the backoffice. That same store was also the site of an orchestrated break-in: the store manager was dating someone in LP, and she also knew the codes to the safe, the store didn't have a burglar alarm connected to HQ. She was eventually caught a short while later. The cameras were still running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back