Last thing you ate before having a heart attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Man if I was ever to start again on BITOG, my screen name: Baconator.
Ok and I will be Meatatarian.
lol.gif

It's not too bad you get used to it. Add some room temp water to thin the slim and eat it before meal. It's sold in small packs .. you add the mustard and sauce that comes with it. I would eat two packs per day for two days and then one per day for a couple of days. After that one every other day. Once the bacteria is formed in your system you can stretch it. I actually feel the bacteria in my system as I tend to eat less fillers. Your meat desire will decrease .... actually it's natto first than green tea...

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Your meat desire will decrease ....

That is not a benefit I want.

My MIL is 84 years old. Japanese native. She suddenly quit eating natto. "That stuff tastes so bad, and I've been eating it for months.....I can't stand it."

My MIL is 84 years old. Japanese native. She suddenly quit eating natto. "That stuff tastes so bad, and I've been eating it for months.....I can't stand it."

Do as you feel .. if want to eat meat go for it...As far as your MIL I don't know. On your MIL she ate natto and suddenly quit...why now...after all those years because of taste...LOL.

Examine your digestive system ... you need good bacteria especially when eating meat ... wonders about American diet.

like i said, i AM a health nut

get yourself three tablespoons of psyllium husk quickly mixed in about 16oz of fresh water to start each day, chug it down and go on your merry way

then live a life of eating good fresh meat, whole fruits, green veggies and plenty of fresh water ...

avoid grains and dairy ...

and you'll live forever
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: philobeddoe

like i said, i AM a health nut

then live a life of eating good fresh meat, whole fruits, green veggies and plenty of fresh water ...

avoid grains and dairy ...

and you'll live forever
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, that seems to be good for you but we're all different.

I've tried avoiding grains and dairy with no noticeable benefit, so why deprive myself of them and eat a more restricted diet for nothing? If I have allergy tests that show I'm allergic to any food, then I'd start avoiding that food. In the meantime, I think my diet is restrictive enough.

If you are going to eat meat at least clean your self in the process. You need good bacteria, for some it may cause cancer in the long run. Your diet eat what you want.

Most blood type Os (which is the most common blood type) need to be eating animal protein with each meal. Symptoms of protein deficiency are many and not pretty.

We need good bacteria regardless of what we eat. High sugar diets probably raise hail with GI tract bacteria, as well as taking anti-biotics..

Yogurt, kefir, raw Kimchee, raw sauerkraut, probiotics, all improve GI tract bacteria, so there are many others ways than taking Natto to improve it. I just made about 8 pounds of raw sauerkraut that will start to be ready in about a week, and gets better each week after that.

Last edited:
PS - I just made fresh sauerkraut. I didn't use the whole word "sauerkraut" in my above reply and it censored me, thinking I said a bad word but I didn't.

I love being Vegetarian, I feel so dang good. I never had so much concentration and energy. The only reason people talk bad about Vegetarians is because of stupid groups like PETA. I could care less about killing animals for food. I like meat but I'd rather live a good life like I am having right now after the heart attack.

My doc told me that people will tell you that meat is good for you, but those 99% will most likely eat more than them maximum amount and/or cook it unhealthy.

The fact is, the change is what did you good, not necessarily becoming vegetarian. I'd say Eat Right For Your Body Type. You may not have needed to resort to veganism.

It's great that you changed and now feel better but who's to say if Veganism is truly the reason or if other reasons such as avoiding junk food, exercising more, etc., aren't the main reasons?

I've seen meat get blamed on many health issues but in this case I tend to doubt meat was the problem.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
PS - I just made fresh sauerkraut. I didn't use the whole word "sauerkraut" in my above reply and it censored me, thinking I said a bad word but I didn't.

Lurch, can you post the method of preparation/recipe? I tried once but I think put too much salt in it.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan

Lurch, can you post the method of preparation/recipe? I tried once but I think put too much salt in it.

I grind up fresh cabbage and a few carrots with an aluminum grater type thing, add 1 TBS kosher salt per head of cabbage, and add it to a food grade covered 5 gallon plastic pail. The best thing to do now is beat it up with something. I've tried using my fist but it gets tiring. Some people use a block of wood. If you do this you won't have to add water, but I didn't and added water and more salt. If you beat it up it brings out the natural juices and it ferments in it's own juice. I've had it this way before and it's the best tasting of all.

Have to use fresh cabbage too. If it hangs around too long it tends to lose moisture, and then water will need to be added.

Then put an upside down plate on it with a weight to hold the cabbage below the water level. Then cover it with a towel and the cover and store it in a cool place like the cellar.

I just added another TBS or so to 4 cabbages. Last time I made it, last Summer, it spoiled on me after 4 or 5 weeks. It may have been too warm for it, or I may have not added enough salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back