Koito 'e-Codes' at the Toyota Dealers, Inexpensive

Just learned that Toyota sells Koito e'Code H4 7" lights and a relay harness for a very low price through the Dealers, apparently subsidizing the kits for their older cars that used sealed beams. Whatever reason, these are truly excellent quality lamps, thankfully as the variety of quality 7" e-Codes is shrinking; Cibie is out of production, Hella while still excellent now use a plastic reflector, Wipac are great but hard to find and Lucas are OK, but not comparable to the others and best suited for us English car rivet counters. There are also some low end Indian and Chinese options that I have no experience with.

I bought two pairs of the Koitos for ~$23ea., Prices vary, but still a great deal.

Headlamp Assembly - Toyota (81110-60P70)​

Still sad that many if not most modern headlights aren't as good as a top notch pair of e-Codes.

Sorry dude. My 200mm rectangular E1 Hella E codes from Rallylights.com cannot be beat. SHARP cutoff line, **** things rocked on my 87 Ford Ranger. I cannot vouch for the 7 inch Hella Roundies. I thought they had a metal back, glass lens, and they were good. Both the 7 and rectangular take H4 bulbs.

a highly polished Aluminum reflector and optical quality tempered glass lens.
You saying they are plastic now? Link please!

Last edited:
Sorry dude. My 200mm rectangular E1 Hella E codes from Rallylights.com cannot be beat. SHARP cutoff line, **** things rocked on my 87 Ford Ranger. I cannot vouch for the 7 inch Hella Roundies. I thought they had a metal back, glass lens, and they were good. Both the 7 and rectangular take H4 bulbs.

You saying they are plastic now? Link please!
No link, but I put a new pair of Hella H4's on my Wife's JK Wrangler last Fall. Plastic reflectors. Wipac uses plastic on some now too. Still great lights and I'd buy them again without hesitation.

Hella are very good, I always liked them better than the Cibies that folks raved about, but the Koitos are as good.

Last edited:
Thought I was the one that put you on these.

My Trooper got a set last year.

1000001025.jpg

1000000991.jpg

1000000993.jpg

LOL. I started a run on these lights on a Wrangler TJ forum a couple of months ago. Normal MSRP is around $75, some speculation Toyota is closing them out. They’re worlds better than stock 7” sealed beams and for $23 for a complete plug and play setup that includes relays and fuses you can’t beat them. And you can get 55/100W and 80/100W bulbs for cheap money.
IMG_2941.jpeg
IMG_2942.jpeg

Last edited:
Back