Kirkland Signature Synthetic Oil

The 6 quart Havoline box rocks.

Too bad, Costco being the responsible company they are, didn't go this route.

They are so concerned about shelf space and truck space and plastic usage, this is surprising.

No 10W-30

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165
The 6 quart Havoline box rocks.

Too bad, Costco being the responsible company they are, didn't go this route.

They are so concerned about shelf space and truck space and plastic usage, this is surprising.

No 10W-30

CVX seems to keep SmartChange a WM-exclusive.

Costco does have a "business" arm that services C-stores, offices and restaurants - I can see Chevron distributing their PitPacks for shops that do oil changes.

Originally Posted by LotI
Originally Posted by paoester
Costco just manages to equal Walmart's price on dexos1 oil. (supertech dexos1)
But you don't have to buy 2, and no membership fees.
Bentonville AR wins again.

The member base at Costco is near the top of the evolutionary ladder. Worth the membership fee!

If I needed oil, I would consider it.

Isn't that the truth. In addition, Costco pays their employees fair wages while Wal-Mart does not. One family of fat cats haul in all the money.

It depends on your individual situation. My annual spend more than pays for my Executive Membership. Executive Members get 2% back on all Costco purchases in addition to the Citi 2%, so that's 4% back.

From what it appears so far, this is another house-brand synthetic oil that is Dexos approved. It is probably adequate for shorter intervals on non-demanding applications but I would probably consider something more robust for any problematic TGDI application.

Originally Posted by The Critic

It depends on your individual situation. My annual spend more than pays for my Executive Membership. Executive Members get 2% back on all Costco purchases in addition to the Citi 2%, so that's 4% back.

From what it appears so far, this is another house-brand synthetic oil that is Dexos approved. It is probably adequate for shorter intervals on non-demanding applications but I would probably consider something more robust for any problematic TGDI application.

Agreed, plus there is 3% on restaurants, and 1% on everything else outside of Costco. For me, gas 4% alone pays my membership.

What do you mean by "more robust"?

Last edited:

I would probably use M1 EP 0W-20 for the Honda 1.5T applications since it is almost all PAO.

I would probably use M1 EP 0W-20 for the Honda 1.5T applications since it is almost all PAO.

The GF-5, SN+, D1G2 Kirkland oil will perform just fine in a Honda 1.5T oil diluter.
Any knowledgeable owner knows to change the oil at 5k miles in that POS design of an engine.

Originally Posted by stockrex
Without a rebate I doubt any BITOG will touch it a costco sized pole.

If you need a rebate to purchase a five quart jug(s) at $3.26 per quart, you probably should sell your car and buy a bicycle.

That reminds me of the 20-something in the auto parts store last month who was loudly bragging to his two friends about having just dropped $4,000 on new after market tires and rims for his new car.

As he continued bragging, he pointed to a well known premium oil filter and said "there's no way in HE** I'd ever spend $8 on an oil filter for any car."

I wonder if he got a rebate on those rims and rubber?

Originally Posted by dkryan

The GF-5, SN+, D1G2 Kirkland oil will perform just fine in a Honda 1.5T oil diluter.
Any knowledgeable owner knows to change the oil at 5k miles in that POS design of an engine.

Originally Posted by stockrex
Without a rebate I doubt any BITOG will touch it a costco sized pole.

If you need a rebate to purchase a five quart jug(s) at $3.26 per quart, you probably should sell your car and buy a bicycle.

That reminds me of the 20-something in the auto parts store last month who was loudly bragging to his two friends about having just dropped $4,000 on new after market tires and rims for his new car.

As he continued bragging, he pointed to a well known premium oil filter and said "there's no way in HE** I'd ever spend $8 on an oil filter for any car."

I wonder if he got a rebate on those rims and rubber?

+1

I don't have a Costco within 200 miles but I wish I did. Their Kirkland brand coffee and olive oil are about the best I've ever had. I also really like their meat and seafood.

Originally Posted by Doublehaul
Cut too thick? That's not possible...are you a communist?

My Miniature German Schnauzer might have such heritage traits.
I do like my steaks less bloody in the center. That means thinner cuts when on the outdoor grille.

Ha! I have a mini schnauzer dachshund mix myself! He dislikes Russians and Bolshevism in general...imagine that!

I like my steaks thick...2 inches minimum but I eat them very rare. My wife likes them well though and I simply butterfly them. Have you ever tried it? Upon completion on the grill you can fold them back over...makes for a truly juicy well done steak

Last edited:
Thanks Chef Doublehaul.
ll await your next YouTube video on how to unscrew an oil filter with your left hand, while flipping steaks on a ground level grill with your right hand simultaneously.

Back