KENDALL GT1 DEXOS vs VALVOLINE ADVANCED FULL SYN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably due to 100ppm (titanium), since it led to a higher sulfated ash content... so they went with a different addictive pack.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I was going to try the GT-1 D1G2 5W-30, but upon hearing that they do NOT put titanium into the add pack formula due to SA increases, I got turned off to it (ONE of my most influential rationales for using it!).

NOT knowing what else they use in place of the titanium (trimer moly, boron, tungsten, whatever) does not give me any other encouragement to use it (combined with either the shipping, or driving a 160 mile round trip to pick it up from the most local distributor willing to sell it over their counter).

Blauparts; PLEASE PLEASE get the D1G2 formula Ravenol DXG 5w-30 into stock already!!
mad.gif

I looked this stuff up and it has some incredibly good specs!!
I'd be willing to pay a premium price for it...only non-Gen 2 stuff on Amazon and eBay so far, though.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
I'd be willing to pay a premium price for it...only non-Gen 2 stuff on Amazon and eBay so far, though.

Did you like the 6% NOACK? or the -71 degrees F pourpoint? or the 492 degrees F flashpoint?
Or the fact that they put both tri-nuke moly AND tungsten FM/AW additives in it, along with organic FM on top of that?

"For the developement of RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 the proven formulation of tri-nuclear molybdenum, tungsten and OFM (Organic Friction Modifiers) was used. A highly polar Group V base oil was used in this formula, which has good compatibility with the PAO used." -- Ravenol's website
(The GroupV reference might be POE or polymer esters of some kind, don't know.)

That is good stuff. Ravenol does not mess around.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

Did you like the 6% NOACK? or the -71 degrees F pourpoint? or the 492 degrees F flashpoint?
Or the fact that they put both tri-nuke moly AND tungsten FM/AW additives in it, along with organic FM on top of that?

"For the developement of RAVENOL DXG SAE 5W-30 the proven formulation of tri-nuclear molybdenum, tungsten and OFM (Organic Friction Modifiers) was used. A highly polar Group V base oil was used in this formula, which has good compatibility with the PAO used." -- Ravenol's website
(The GroupV reference might be POE or polymer esters of some kind, don't know.)

That is good stuff. Ravenol does not mess around.

AND the SA level is only 0.77%, which I like for a DI application...TBN is not mind boggling at 8.3 as a result, but I do 5kmile changes, anyway. Subaru changed the OCI recommendation for my engine to 6kmiles for the 2015 model year for the exact same engine as my 2014, I went with 5k because it's easier to remember. CCS and MRV numbers are also quite good. And, it's a true d1G2 oil.
Thanks for bringing this stuff up, I am definitely interested in buying some when it shows up in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back