Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean
Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you've got

Well, from 1994 to 2001 we went from budget deficits to budget surpluses. I guess the voters got tired of that. Anything that takes place, is the voters fault. PLEASE keep politics out of it, this is budget talk and voters is a generic "speak" for what we vote for.
From the Congressional Budget office -
View attachment 203678
And did that put any dent in our debt? Nope, it merely flattened it a bit. There is clearly no evidence for any efforts that would get us out of debt, which was my original point.

IMG_3120.jpeg

Hey I’m with you on hoping,but can the next generation handle getting out of debt when we’re obsessed with growing it.Its a daily psy op aimed at us.
It’s amazing how it’s all full circle. Let’s face it, we (assuming we’re all similar in age) enjoyed a lot of things that didn’t come that hard. There was correlation between hard work and results. Our parents did struggle but again they had a reasonable expectation by putting in the work. Today, it’s a lot more competitive than ever.

Did my mom wonder about cost when I broke my wrist at age 14? No. Did I, when my son broke his leg at 5? Yes. Simple fracture was pushing $23k (not out of pocket, but takes him to max out of pocket for the year. $400/week for therapy and half the time no MD?).

Why keep up with the Jones's
when you can surpass them?🤑
Because I tend to be shy. When I tell a joke at work sometimes people are very surprised about my checkered past and they are literally rolling 😂

I’d be the guy that if we did get the 2025 Tahoe 6.2L High Country with the screens in the back and the cams 360 degrees, I’d hope nobody sees me backing into a space 🙂

Because I tend to be shy. When I tell a joke at work sometimes people are very surprised about my checkered past and they are literally rolling 😂

I’d be the guy that if we did get the 2025 Tahoe 6.2L High Country with the screens in the back and the cams 360 degrees, I’d hope nobody sees me backing into a space 🙂
Me too...
Drama free ownership only.

This is kinda related, but since I have 4 vehicles to choose from for driving somewhere, it has opened my eyes at just how much people judge you/envision your status/wealth/etc., based solely on the vehicle you are driving.

I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that a good many people act differently towards you, whether it's yielding, being more aggressive, flat out ignoring you, looking at you, willing to speak to you, etc., depending on what you're driving.

If I'm driving my Tundra (4x4, not lifted but 'leveled', Ranch Hand Guard on the front, 33" tires), I don't see as much aggression towards me on the highways as I do when I'm driving a smaller SUV/CUV. I have blown people away at how the aggressive parking lot queens act when they see the guard on the front and instantly stop their car / aggressive driving in a PARKING LOT.

If I'm driving the Lexus LX570, I see a different attitude from different people. More of a 'respect of status' attitude. Those with a similar but different make, generally a side eye or throwing their shoulders back, chest out move, say at the gas pump...

If I'm driving the Lexus RX350, basically no respect on the highways, aggression is off the charts, etc.

If I'm driving the 2008 Honda CR-V, it's like I'm invisible. Nobody pays attention...

SAME EXACT THING with boats. We can pull up to a lakeside restaurant or gas dock in our 27 year old Sea Ray bowrider and most people don't even turn their head or pay attention. This is a very, very well-kept boat, it looks great. Gel coat is nice, glossy and nearly perfect, upholstery is in great condition, all original. A few tears/seams splitting, but not visible from 15' away. It's just not a late-model boat.

We pull up in the 2016 Ranger bass boat and it draws a crowd. Folks come up and say "that's a sharp boat, I love the colors."

I don't really have a problem with being and looking less wealthy than some of my neighbors... It is what it is. We've got some nice property that's near a million bucks to get now, so I can't complain.
My kids though see things differently, they see cash being splashed around on their internet entertainment, or with some of their friends who's families have more in their "fun budget" than we have in our total budget. I make sure they can excel at their sports if they want to put in the work, and my youngest does quite well. Also some car and house repair lessons at least lets them know that its an option not to pay tons of money to service or fix stuff.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, not entertaining or good looking or creative enough to do a social media gig, don't want to go work in a mine up north somewhere, wasn't smart enough to buy a bunch of rental properties 20 years ago, and I didn't inherit my parents business so making 2-3-400k/yr isn't going to happen for me.

We've got methane boiling out of permafrost and icebergs poised to add six inches to the oceans, but let's keep worrying about green paper. :rolleyes:

Well, from 1994 to 2001 we went from budget deficits to budget surpluses. I guess the voters got tired of that. Anything that takes place, is the voters fault. PLEASE keep politics out of it, this is budget talk and voters is a generic "speak" for what we vote for.
From the Congressional Budget office -
View attachment 203678
It sure would be nice if someone can explain how voters can be responsible for predetermined outcomes

It sure would be nice if someone can explain how voters can be responsible for predetermined outcomes
You vote for the people that write and pass the budget.
Just as stockholders are responsible for voting for an executive board that is responsible for hiring the CEO of a company you the voter are responsible for hiring the people that control the budget of the USA

If the people demanded government balance the budget and stop borrowing money they would elect people who would promise to do just that.
You as a voter, even have more control in that you also elect the CEO/president

You vote for the people that write and pass the budget.
Just as stockholders are responsible for voting for an executive board that is responsible for hiring the CEO of a company you the voter are responsible for hiring the people that control the budget of the USA

If the people demanded government balance the budget and stop borrowing money they would elect people who would promise to do just that.
That’s really really funny but machines decide that now.

Can you point to a period of time where our national debt did not increased or was reduced by a balanced budget?

Can you point to a period of time where our national debt did not increased or was reduced by a balanced budget?
Yes and I only spent about 60 seconds Someone with a college degree might do better
IMG_2236.jpg
IMG_2237.jpg

Last edited:
Yes and I only spent about 60 seconds Someone with a college degree might do better View attachment 203729
I should have specified since the FED was founded.
There may be few instances, I didn't look that closely, but the trend is pretty clear. The debt was steadily increasing no matter who we voted for. It is only now that it's out of control that we pay attention to it.

I should have specified since the FED was founded.
There may be few instances, I didn't look that closely, but the trend is pretty clear. The debt was steadily increasing no matter who we voted for. It is only now that it's out of control that we pay attention to it.
No, that’s incorrect. We had an eight year period in the late 90s until around 2001
Where we worked from budget deficit to budget surplus. I posted a chart on previous page.
The people at that time purposely voted to get back to a balance budget, a person named Ross Perot brought to the attention of the American people the dangerous path we were on. All this information is available online.

Back