Just reserved a Rivian R2

F150, 4300lbs, R1t 7148lbs Model Y 4400lbs. More fun to bash ICE vehicles?
That F150 is a single cab short box with a 3.5l NA engine. Almost non-existant in the real world. Mine has an emply weight of 5495lbs. It's a supercrew with a long box and aluminum body/box. Porky, but nowhere near the Rivian or Lightning's weight.

Did you get the base 270 mile 2WD or the AWD version?

That all gets decided later. The reservation is basically just a place in line and the fee gets applied towards your build when it's your turn and when/if you decide to go through with it.

It's a nice small suv.
The full windows without fixed dividers are really nice
The camp flat is pretty cool, I can see using that once or twice a year.

F150, 4300lbs, R1t 7148lbs Model Y 4400lbs. More fun to bash ICE vehicles?
So you picked a vehicle that is 100lbs heavier, while selecting one of the lightest full size truck on sale today? Was your goal to prove my point? How many R1Ts do you see? Is that the average EV? I don't know about you but I see mostly Model 3s which are under 4k lbs. I see about 10x as many F150s a day minimum. I said average, but your example is to choose one of the lightest one that "proves" your point and then something heavy. One of these things is not like the other. Depending on trim a Ford Edge is heavier than a Model Y.

Ford F-150, the curb weight is between 4,021 and 5,740 pounds, depending on the configuration

So you're getting creative on this one. Ok.

No idea if I'm going to go through with it, but it looks pretty sweet. Could replace either of our vehicles, really, but we have two years to figure it out.

The R3 looks like a great product too.
Sweet glad you didn't go with a mushmobile.

I wonder if GM will buy them out. Some loose speculation. Might not be a bad idea, however the EV industry is struggling and I am not so sure it will be worth it. Rivian has been bleeding badly and no end in site, if the markets continue to sour on EVs which they are, they wont have the funding that Tesla had for 10 years if investors no longer believe EVs are taking over the USA market.

Also this just in -
"Yesterday, Tesla rival Rivian announced that it’s halting plans to build a $5 billion factory in Georgia. Instead, it will manufacture its upcoming R2 and R3 models at its existing plant in Illinois, allowing it to save more than $2.25 billion in capital expenditures."
Source = https://finance.yahoo.com/news/eco-terrorists-strike-1-billion-213312096.html

Last edited:
Back