Junk Purolator Pure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Purolator make all of the Motorcrafts or just some? I like the strength of the Motorcraft cans. They're built like a tank! The gaskets are always well oiled too,whereas I've seen other brand's gaskets that are dried out and beginning to get white and ashy.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Speaking of "blue"....

Every time I've removed an AC Delco filter (they're blue, hence my clever joke) a gallon of oil follows it.
Their ADBVs HAVE to be good.

Oh, if I can be a curmudgeon, your Motorcraft filter wasn't "designed for your engine".
It was selected as being adequate for your engine by a team of experts who want not to miss a sale.

WOW! These white collar worker types sure like to misconstrue a simple blue collar types words.
grin.gif

As a long time Ford owner and MC filter user, I can testify that the FL820S frequently caused startup knock in my Econoline van. I switched to a Wix at the last oil change and the start up knock has magically gone away.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Cujet
It's true that the Motorcraft filters are often better at anti drainback. However, none of the filters are high enough quality to completely prevent drainback each and every time. I've had my share of Motorcraft filters cause plenty of ticking upon startup. And I've had good luck with Pure One filters.

I've used the Pure One filters for about 6 years now with no issues. I current have on of their new Purolator One 10K cans I'll cut open next spring. Never had a issue with one yet!

The last Pure One PL24651 I removed from the Ranger had an ADBV function failure. The valve looked good.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: Cujet
It's true that the Motorcraft filters are often better at anti drainback. However, none of the filters are high enough quality to completely prevent drainback each and every time. I've had my share of Motorcraft filters cause plenty of ticking upon startup. And I've had good luck with Pure One filters.

I have owned quite a few Ford trucks, and a few Lincoln/Mercury/Ford cars. I would use ONLY MC oil filters on the engines and NEVER had 1 of those engines make any oil filter related noises upon startup!
cool.gif

My Vic taps on a cold start...see sig.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back