Jobs where you're on your feet all the time keep

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to diet and exercise,make sure you're getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Sleep is crucial for a healthy mind and body.

At a previous job I was delivering milk to schools. I would walk 15-20 miles a day, much of which was pushing a 2 wheel hand truck with 200-300 lbs on it. Didn't take long for me to drop about 20 lbs when I started doing that.

The worst part wasn't the walking, it was the repetitive lifting of all those milk crates. I was delivering 500-700 cases a day, and had to rotate stock. The repetitive lifting was killing my wrists to the point my hands were numb even when I wasn't working. Luckily that went away after I quit.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
At a previous job I was delivering milk to schools. I would walk 15-20 miles a day, much of which was pushing a 2 wheel hand truck with 200-300 lbs on it. Didn't take long for me to drop about 20 lbs when I started doing that.

The worst part wasn't the walking, it was the repetitive lifting of all those milk crates. I was delivering 500-700 cases a day, and had to rotate stock. The repetitive lifting was killing my wrists to the point my hands were numb even when I wasn't working. Luckily that went away after I quit.

The reminds me when I worked in a supermarket and was unloading produce trucks at 4 AM. At the end of the day my body was all beat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back