Jiffy Lube Fluids

I own a Toyota 2008 1.8L engine.flushed my coolant with universal fluid and flushed with thief power steering fluid.
Any risk with damaging fluids? Or am I ok with shorter service time?
If you feel you need to ask the board if Jiffy Lube is ok, you should likely consider your choice in service stations If you can’t do the change yourself (PS flush is pretty simple). Find a good indie you can trust.

I own a Toyota 2008 1.8L engine.flushed my coolant with universal fluid

If it was completely flushed, fresh water flowing by the end, and then the Universal fluid put in I would be a little bit irritated if the expectation going in was OE fluid but I wouldn't bother changing it at this point. It will be fine however I would only top up going forward with the exact same fluid. I don't like to mix coolant types / colours even if it is indicated to be compatible.

Last edited:
If it was completely flushed, fresh water flowing by the end, and then the Universal fluid put in I would be a little bit irritated if the expectation going in was OE fluid but I wouldn't bother changing it at this point. It will be fine however I would only top up going forward with the exact same fluid. I don't like to mix coolant types / colours even if it is indicated to be compatible.
Thank you,
If I ever have to top it off, I'll get OEM Pink flushed in and move on.
Thanks for your help. All fluids have been flushed or drain and filled.

only real issue with other choices is compatibility, especially when it comes to coolant..
I always use the universal coolants..
We had to use them at my job, in a mixed fleet, because there was no way to keep up on all the different stuff.
. I never saw anything occur
that would make me think one color coolant was any better than the other.
Engineers pick the stuff for whatever reason they choose.

as far as power steering goes, honestly if the system is bone dry or their is no compatibility problem just about any type of oil ( 5w30, 10w30, ATF etc) will function in there even though they specify certain blends.
Thank you for the reasonable response. I am fine for some time
I now have every fluid flushed or drain and filled on the car. 100k mile tune up. Runs great,!!!!!
Toyota

If you feel you need to ask the board if Jiffy Lube is ok, you should likely consider your choice in service stations If you can’t do the change yourself (PS flush is pretty simple). Find a good indie you can trust.
Ÿeah, that's obvious now.
I just want to know if their universal coolant is a detrimental situation.
It was a mistake.

I don't think anyone goes to Jiffy Lube thinking they will get OEM fluids. Especially when they pull down the fluid hose with oil or coolant.

Back