JASO certified oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work with a guy who has a 2 yearold Skidoo. It takes jaso certified oil. He uses Citgo sea and snow as it has this certification and is cheap to buy. The only problem is Citgo= Chavez. Not a big fan of ****-tators. Anyway I've been telling him to look for another American made oil the has this certification. Any ideas?
P.S. He is a cheapo. Thanks...........

Nothing wrong with the "American" made CITGO oils. They make 80% of the private label 2-cycle oil on the market. Good product, good price = makes your cheapo friend happy.

Why let politics influence your choice of oil. Chavez may be anti-American but that does not mean that every person in Venezuela is. You're not hurting Chavez in the slightest by not buying Citgo oil.

If you were to object to every brand of oil supplied by a third world dictator, you'd be hard pressed for choices. Once you've exhausted Canadian and domestic oil, you'll end up rendering down Iowa grown hog fat and using it. Won't be too effective and the smell of bacon will certainly contribute to the national obesity problem.

Originally Posted By: johnnydc
Thanks. How about Penzoil? Do they have any jaso oil. I could not find any on the website.

Pennzoil 2-Cycle Air-Cooled is JASO FD, for at least one formulation submitted for registration:

JASO M345 list excerpt:

Pennzoil 2-cycle Air-Cooled Engine Oil / 081RAY001 / FC
Pennzoil 2-cycle Air-Cooled Engine Oil / 081RAY002 / FD

Source: JASO 2t Registered Oils (pdf)

Originally Posted By: boraticus
If you were to object to every brand of oil supplied by a third world dictator, you'd be hard pressed for choices. Once you've exhausted Canadian and domestic oil, you'll end up rendering down Iowa grown hog fat and using it. Won't be too effective and the smell of bacon will certainly contribute to the national obesity problem.

Isn't that the Green Earth Technologies (G-Oil) business model?
wink.gif

Not to start a war here, But do you think Chavez spreads his wealth to the people? I have nothing against the people. Just Chavez. He cares less about his people and more about his self interest. He should take some of that money he hords and fill the potholes in his face...

Maybe you can find it from a oil distributer. That is were my buddy gets his. It's hard to find. Try the Citgo website and it might tell you where a distribution warehouse is in your area.

Originally Posted By: Mike_dup1
Citgo consumer products are now known as Mystik Lubricants in an effort to distance itself from its Venezuelan ownership.

This was gone over several years ago time and again when CITGO acquired the CATO refinery and Mystik product line. Citgo and Mystik remain complete and separate product lines and wholly owned business subsidiaries of PDVSA.
Mystik products:
http://www.mystiklubes.com/products.jsp
Citgo Lubricants:
http://www.citgo.com/ConsumerProducts/Oils.jsp

if you say so

mystik-1.jpg

ss.jpg

Quote:
Component Name(s)
Highly-refined petroleum lubricant oils
Polybutene
Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light

Citgo Sea and Snow is an OK oil as far as performance. Same as Yamaha 2S. There aren't many 2t oils made in America anymore. Europe still has a strong 2 stroke following, and there are a lot of European 2t oils on the market. Maxima and Lucas comes to mind, as well as Brad-Penn. The BP offering is out there, somewhat hard to find unless you happen to live in Pennsylvania, but is a true 100% American product. I have a contact for mail order if you want it. You can PM me for it.

The BP/Castrol offering that I use is act.evo x-tra 2t.
I used it this past season in my two sleds, 4 liters per sled, and I'm happy with the results.

Can't resist a comment.

I've been using Mystik Ultimate HP 2 cycle in everything now, and it is awesome. Great throttle response, has fuel stabilizer, removes old varnish and carbon, frees up piston rings and meets all (air and water cooled)factory specs that exist, in one product, very convenient.

Easy home delivery and discounts for regular customers. It's listed in the "Marine" section of their website. No I don't have any financial interest, I just wanted one oil that can "do-it-all", and this one does.

Originally Posted By: occity79
Can't resist a comment.

I've been using Mystik Ultimate HP 2 cycle in everything now, and it is awesome. Great throttle response, has fuel stabilizer, removes old varnish and carbon, frees up piston rings and meets all (air and water cooled)factory specs that exist, in one product, very convenient.

Easy home delivery and discounts for regular customers. It's listed in the "Marine" section of their website. No I don't have any financial interest, I just wanted one oil that can "do-it-all", and this one does.

Seems like a decent product for a decent price. However, don't believe everything advertiser claim the product will do.

I've seen coked/carboned up rings on two cycle engines and no oil made would free them.

There are plenty of decent brand two cycle oils out there that are reasonably priced and will get the job done. According to your endorsement, it seems Mystik is one of them. Their price for synthetic 2 cycle oil is very reasonable at around $25.00/gallon.

Boraticus;

yes, I agee, sometimes the deposits are so severe, the engine must be hand cleaned. I am testing this oil in my own ways to see how it works out long term, this seems like a good alternate oil to the Stihl Ultra, (by Castrol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back