I've Entered A New Level of BITOG'ers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than a two year supply is probably a little much, but I've been there. Since I've discovered BITOG, I've learned that oil lasts a lot longer thank most people think so I'm doing less oil changes. Top offs are your friend.

I have about 120 quarts.

This is not including all of the A3/B4's, 20w50 VR1, diesel 5w40 and 0w20's I've bought for the parent's vehicles that I take care of for them. ~2 a quart can't be beat and if you have the room to store it, why not?

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
I have over 200 quarts, I see it as a hobby that saves me money vs spending full price.

hobby? Boy I'll bet that gets the girls....lol

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I got about 150 quarts of oil, not buying more unless its a crazy clearance sale.

There an old saying I've found to be true: "Don't spend money to save money."

Where do you store all that oil?

Originally Posted By: philipp10
I have over 200 quarts, I see it as a hobby that saves me money vs spending full price.

Here is a pick-up line a woman probably does not hear every day (even in farm country):

"Do you want to come back to my place and check out my motor oil collection?"

If theKraken does find one that goes for it then he better marry that girl quick.
crazy.gif

With premium filters and long OCI's, the stash doesn't make as much sense as it used to. I have a years worth of oil and about 2.5 years worth of filters for both of my vehicles. I'll stop there before it gets any worse.
wink.gif

I just keep enough on hand for the next oil change. Plenty for me.

What's interesting is the wife didn't even flinch. The 30 quarts of Castrol just showed up yesterday from Amazon. Couldn't pass up the $18/5qts price. Thankfully it appears to be nice, clean oil...unlike the same stuff I bought at Walmart with water and used oil inside.

And all of it will be gone within 3 years.

Originally Posted By: Onug
What's interesting is the wife didn't even flinch. The 30 quarts of Castrol just showed up yesterday from Amazon. Couldn't pass up the $18/5qts price. Thankfully it appears to be nice, clean oil...unlike the same stuff I bought at Walmart with water and used oil inside.

And all of it will be gone within 3 years.

Water and used oil inside?

Sounds like someone brought back their junk fluids for a refund and nobody knew to check.

Its a shame people will resort to that kind of dishonesty.

As for "not even flinching"...that makes a guy wonder how much stuff she has bought from Amazon that you are not even aware of.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Onug
and only five filters...

You can run your filters 2X if the engine is clean. Honda recommends it.

I am not even sure how much oil I have, so that means I have too much.
The real pain comes when it's time to use the oil and I have to dwell on it for two hours which flavor I want to use and then what oil filter.

Eight quarts of Mobil 3309 ATF because I buy it by the case, two DENSO oil filters and one and a half quarts of Valvoline DOT 3/4(I'll be replacing brake fluid when the garage cools off this fall). Heck, I forgot to mention the partial jug of Zerex Asian coolant which can only be purchased by the gallon.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

Here is a pick-up line a woman probably does not hear every day (even in farm country):

If theKraken does find one that goes for it then he better marry that girl quick.
crazy.gif

I did find her and married her very quick. She changed out my trucks radiator after I had surgery (with my guidance ).

Now we have a baby on the way and we just figure we will use all of our 0w20 as baby oil
wink.gif

Anyone have this included in their Last Will & Testament ??

"I wish to be cremated and have my remains buried at the Shell [or Exxon, BP, Etc.,] Refinery in [where ever] . . . "

I think the fact that we even know what kind of oil is in our car puts us in a psychological category as rare as serial killers.

crazy.gif

I did find her and married her very quick. She changed out my trucks radiator after I had surgery (with my guidance ).

Now we have a baby on the way and we just figure we will use all of our 0w20 as baby oil
wink.gif

Oh thats too much...I am laughing so hard I am crying.

Congratulations to you both.

Water and used oil inside?

Sounds like someone brought back their junk fluids for a refund and nobody knew to check.

Its a shame people will resort to that kind of dishonesty.

As for "not even flinching"...that makes a guy wonder how much stuff she has bought from Amazon that you are not even aware of.
grin.gif

Yeah, that's exactly what someone did. When I returned them and told the clerk there was water and used oil in them, she just shrugged and set them onto the "return to store" shelf. Sad. I'll see if I can find the pictures I took..

Originally Posted By: Garak
I only have one gallon left and have resigned myself to Delvac-1 5W-40 in CJ-4.
I found a couple 5-gallon buckets.

Are you sure? It appears Mobil was dumping CK-4 stuff in CJ-4 containers, just like Shell was.

I have just received a communication from Mobil about CK-4 oil being placed into CJ-4 buckets.

Here is their response:

Mobil Products
I'm not sure where that information came from, but that is inaccurate. API labels are to always reflect the correct specification. If the jug says CJ-4, it is still CJ-4. If it says CK-4, it is CK-4.

Here are the "used" Magnatecs I bought at Walmart a few months ago (and promptly returned). I bought six bottles total. I remembered some here on BITOG were talking about the old oil switch, so I held my Surefire flashlight up to the bottle and checked the oil color coming out the window in the bottle.

A few of the lids looked like they'd been tampered with as the break-away ring was partially broken. I forgot to compare the oil pictures to the lids unfortunately. Sorry about the picture rotation...they're normal on my computer...

Of the six bottles, three looked like this and appeared to be legit oil. But I returned it anyway...can't say if it was still clean Castrol in there:

One looked really clear...scary clear

And two bottles were dark as mud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back