It's like an oil change, but for your shaver.

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
It's always nice putting in a new cartridge in my Braun Series 7 base. Going on 9 years and the original battery is still holding strong. I don't even bring my charger for trips under 2 weeks.

Braun Shaver Catridge.jpeg

Last edited:
My Norelco has 3 circular blades. They self-sharpen as it runs, so they cut nicely until the metal finally wears through. This usually takes a few years. New replacement blades don't cut as nicely at first, they take several weeks before they get really sharp.

How long does the cleaning cartridge last before needing replacement?
About 2 months, depends on how often you shave and clean your shaver. I believe the alcohol in the solution evaporates over time as well.

I’ve never tried an electric razor/shaver. I have one just have never used it lol. Haven’t shaved in over two years. Since mechanics school actually lol. I like the beard because i don’t get carded. I hate it cause it’s itchy at times so I’m thinking of going back to a goatee like high school times haha. My Braun shaver is laying in the box on the floor of my room I got it for Christmas either last year or the year before haha. I wasn’t aware they had cartridges like regular razors did. So thanks for teaching me something new haha.

Back