Issue with NAPA UOA kits

Has anyone been using napa kits recently? I’m kind of concerned about trying them again. I used to buy a few all at once, and I have a bunch of samples I never got data on…. Not sure if there’s a way to find them again. Doubt I’d find the barcodes easily..

Has anyone been using napa kits recently? I’m kind of concerned about trying them again. I used to buy a few all at once, and I have a bunch of samples I never got data on…. Not sure if there’s a way to find them again. Doubt I’d find the barcodes easily..
Last WIX kit I sent in for the 17hp Kawasaki engine I rebuilt was

• Sampled on: July 15, 2023
  • Received on: July 25, 2023
  • Date Reported: July 26, 2023

I got one back recently. Quick turn around. I mail them to the Ohio lab. ALS had to move out of Atlanta because they had a huge problem with the PO not delivering them. They had battles with them. I am sending in another one here shortly.

Last WIX kit I sent in for the 17hp Kawasaki engine I rebuilt was

• Sampled on: July 15, 2023
  • Received on: July 25, 2023
  • Date Reported: July 26, 2023
I got one back recently. Quick turn around. I mail them to the Ohio lab. ALS had to move out of Atlanta because they had a huge problem with the PO not delivering them. They had battles with them. I am sending in another one here shortly.
Just to add to my post #42, I shipped the oil sample to the address below & this was in July 2023. Call the phone number listed below if you're sending it there to double check the address.

Atlanta, Georgia - 420
OakBrook Parkway Building 200 Suite 245
Norcross, GA 30093

Chevron is $17.50 here. C4 kits. Maybe less in the L48.

Was thinking about doing a few for a new used dozer as just changing the oils "just because" would cost me a couple grand.

On most of my stuff, not worth fussing with samples.

Ya I did an UOA a few months ago, sent to Portland address and it was processed quickly. It was my last one from some purchased a while ago from RA. No issues

I have used several in the past 6 months in the VOA section, all returned results within a week.

Just to add to my post #42, I shipped the oil sample to the address below & this was in July 2023. Call the phone number listed below if you're sending it there to double check the address.

Atlanta, Georgia - 420
Norcross, GA 30093
Are you sure about that address?

I believe it should be:

5300 Oakbrook Pkwy Suite 245
Norcross, GA 30093

Atlanta, Georgia - 420
Norcross, GA 30093
Norcross is their main lab and is probably the busiest. I send it to 6180 Halle Dr. Suite D. Valley View, Oh 44125
As I am in eastern WV I think the PO gets it there faster than Norcross.

Norcross is their main lab and is probably the busiest. I send it to 6180 Halle Dr. Suite D. Valley View, Oh 44125
As I am in eastern WV I think the PO gets it there faster than Norcross.
Makes sense, they had me ship it to Norcross, GA even though they have a lab in KS & I live in MO so that sounds right.

I sent in a NAPA oil sample kit ($21.99 @ local store) about 2 weeks ago. The label on the bottle had an address of Presidential Drive in Atlanta (at 285 and 85 ... Spaghetti Junction). It never got delivered because the forwarding expired. My fault I should have researched the address. I contacted ALS in Norcross about the situation. The receptionist told me that they are NOT sampling NAPA or Wix at this time. She advised me to go back to NAPA and get a refund to which I did. She also sent me an email regarding this to present to NAPA if I had a problem.

I hope this helps!

This is the verbiage in the email I received >>>

Hello,

We are writing to inform you that we are currently experiencing temporary delays in processing your samples received for testing until a current issue with your supplier network is getting resolved.

Last edited:
I sent in a NAPA oil sample kit ($21.99 @ local store) about 2 weeks ago. The label on the bottle had an address of Presidential Drive in Atlanta (at 285 and 85 ... Spaghetti Junction). It never got delivered because the forwarding expired. My fault I should have researched the address. I contacted ALS in Norcross about the situation. The receptionist told me that they are NOT sampling NAPA or Wix at this time. She advised me to go back to NAPA and get a refund to which I did. She also sent me an email regarding this to present to NAPA if I had a problem.

I hope this helps!

Hello,

We are writing to inform you that we are currently experiencing temporary delays in processing your samples received for testing until a current issue with your supplier network is getting resolved.
Sounds like they're placing the blame on Napa. Perhaps Napa was supposed to pull these address UOA off the shelves if ALS moved from that address or maybe the blame lies with ALS. Let us know how it turns out though.

After I got the refund from NAPA, I gave up on them. When my undeliverable sample showed back up, I sent it off to Oil Analyzers in Indianapolis. That went out yesterday. The only other lab I've ever used was Blackstone. I wanted to try someone different since the last Blackstone results took 3 weeks.

I hope this helps!

Hello,

It was years ago they changed the location. Because i had already been a customer they sent an email.
...It was 8/2020

I hope this helps!

Hello,

I just sent one in to Cleveland lab about a week ago. Wonder if it will get processed ?

Back