Is there a best fuel additive for carburetors?

Before I tear a motorcycle that was given to me for free apart, I'd like to try filling the carb bowls with some sort of cleaner. I know it won't work but I'm stubborn and want to try something first. Plus it doesn't hurt that the carbs are pain in the ass to remove.

Is there anything better than berryman's?

The bike in question will run, but it needs to get warm before It will idle by itself. I have to coax it with brake cleaner or a propane torch to get it to that point

P.F. has a video on YouTube of Techron vs. Seafoam in a push mower . Used Seafoam once . TECHRON 4 to 5 times for riding mower and push mower .

I've consulted with tech support at Red Line that if I were to cut this down with maybe throttle body or carburetor cleaner I could use it for running it through a carburetor or throttle body. It's one of my few go-to's as well as the gumout multi-tune which I like it for its utility uses of being able to put a couple ounces in the crankcase before an oil change or to use it in the fuel tank. I've kind of always wanted them to make the red line into a cologne scent.

20240409_104400.jpg

Another one that comes to mind is the BG epr additive. I don't have any experience using it in your application, but I hear from everyone that used it that it's extremely potent, smells rancid awful but usually positive results are found

Back