Is there 1 grease that can do an entire brake job? Silaramic states it can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Getting back into doing my own maintenance now that I have the space. I'm looking for a grease that can do an entire brake job. Slide pins to pad ears. CRC Silaramic claims it can do it alll and be rubber safe. Has anyone used this on pad ears and backing plates with success? I understand it to be fine for slide pins as it's rubber safe.

Really looking for one brake grease to rule them all!

Thanks

[Linked Image]

Many people are not fans of Sil-Glyde on brake pad 'ears' since it's fairly exposed and can collect dirt, dust, etc. I can certainly believe this too.

We use Sil-Glyde only on the caliper pins. The rest of the brake parts are run dry as they came from the factory. Never had any issues except some rust under the pad clips. I blast that area under the clips down to bare metal and then put on a couple coats of high temp paint.

The CRC Silaramic looks like silicone grease with ZnO or boron powder added to it.

You can theoretically use Permatex High Temp Silicone brake lube for metal-on-metal(pad ears, backing plates, shims) and metal-on-rubber(slide pins and bushings) for the whole brake job. My concern is that the moly/graphite(old formula) or ZnO/Boron(new formula) might interfere with the slide pins moving freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back