Ironman (Hercules) All Country A/T?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
The Ironman brand is made by Cooper. How bad can it be for a value tire?

Ironman is Hercules' cheaper line. A co-worker has them on his Fit and he says they suck, for $100 more at Costco he could have gotten Michelin or Bridgestone he said.

The OP drives a nice truck, I would throw on nicer tires. If an "all-terrain" tire isn't an absolute requirement, I'd look at the tried and true Michelin Defender LTX.

For only $100.00 more he could have purchased Michelins? What is the size? A 14" tire?

Link please.....

Honda Fit sized tires are cheap, as are Michelins from Costco during promotions. But don't let the facts stand in the way of your Michelin hypersensitivity....

Originally Posted by litesong
....Just switched another used tire onto one of the two cars. Now, six of the eight tires are "Made in the U.S.A".
Oh, I made a mistake. Two of the Goodyear Assurance tires were made in Chile. So only 4 of the eight tires were "Made in the U.S.A". Still, not a bad percentage, for not even trying.

Yeah … the last Eagle GT's I had were from Chile … but they were good tires …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yeah … the last Eagle GT's I had were from Chile … but they were good tires …
Yes, they are good tires & Goodyear doesn't make them anymore. I bought 4 used Eagle GT's for $50. Two of them are presently on the front drive wheels on our 2013 Elantra. We also have a 2016 Elantra with Goodyear Assurance Comfortreds. Before the GT's went on the 2013 Elantra, I was thinking the 2016 Elantra had considerably improved electric steering compared to the 2013 Elantra. With the GT's now on the 2013, I am thinking that the 2016 steering is now, only slightly better than the 2013 steering. So that is great! On rough pavement tho, the Eagle GT's have a deep grumble, even at slow speeds, which is disconcerting. Probably, one of the reasons they aren't made anymore. However, with the new quiet pavements, the Eagle GT's are as quiet as all other tires.
In addition, I have another used older Goodyear Assurance Comfortred that was made in the U.S., unlike our newer Comfortreds that were made in Chile, like your Eagle GT's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Voleak
Milestar has a new A/T tire that is TPMS rated. If you're looking at Ironman tires, and you have used Atturo tires before than the Milestar is probably in the same price range. What size you looking for?

https://www.milestartires.com/light-truck-tires/patagonia-at-w/

I wouldnt abbrivate 3PMSF (3PMS) as tpms due to tpms being tire pressure monitoring system... might confuse people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back