Interesting Pic from an ad in Hemmings :-)

'76 BMW 2002
I'm always browsing for something interesting and came across this. Bit surprised that someone would post this in an ad, but I expect they are proud of their economy and efficiency of using the fill caps to service the battery and as mounting lugs! Wow...there is just so much going on here:oops:

Poor '02...

BMW@))@WOW.jpg

Last edited:
You have to wonder why they would go to so much trouble to make that mount but then not put a real clamp on the battery! Also the visible end (LH side) of the mount doesn't appear to be attached to the car body, there's just a curved bracket that pushes up against the shock mount tower.

Ghetto workmanship like this is why I rarely buy vehicles that have been "modified" by their owners.

LOL!! I agree I have seen so many ads for vehicles or real estate that just wow me. I always wonder what the person taking the pictures are thinking.. Do they really think "this dirty towel on the rack will sell this house" or "check out this rats nest of wires" to sell a car...

You have to wonder why they would go to so much trouble to make that mount but then not put a real clamp on the battery! Also the visible end (LH side) of the mount doesn't appear to be attached to the car body, there's just a curved bracket that pushes up against the shock mount tower.

Ghetto workmanship like this is why I rarely buy vehicles that have been "modified" by their owners.
The mount is a fairly common vintage '02 strut brace and battery relocation part and that brace actually should have threaded holes in the base for a DIN battery mount but that battery is too big and, oh yes...the strut brace is customarily attached to the strut :)

Lots going wrong but a very honest and useful picture to waste less buyers time.

I amazed these still fun, a close friend had one in 1980s in high school (lawyer mum) and a blast but fell apart and rusty.

Back