Installing a hatch release

Our 2005 Sienna has an "emergency" release for the rear hatch. It's under a removeable cover in the hatch plastic inside cover. Here's a picture (not mine) of the manual release. Pretty sure all vans have to have something like that in case of being trapped inside (same with sedans trunk lid release from the inside) as its a mandated safety requirement. You need to check a bit further on where it is on the windstar.
Thank you, i 'll check it. Just not sure what you mean and what exactly i am looking at in the picture.

By "removable cover in the hatch plastic inside cover" do mean the liftgate panels? That is, one has to first remove the panels to access this emergency release?

Thank you, i 'll check it. Just not sure what you mean and what exactly i am looking at in the picture.

By "removable cover in the hatch plastic inside cover" do mean the liftgate panels? That is, one has to first remove the panels to access this emergency release?
There is a little plastic hatch in the main plastic that just pops out by hand.

Check with a car stereo shop, they can rig up what you need. Back in the old days they added power locks to vehicles that didn't have them natively, and this is a similar request.

Back