Injector cleaning vs rebuilt vs aftermarket

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1993 Eurovan with the 5-cylinder Audi gasoline engine has been running lean, heating up the cat, backfiring (infrequently) on downhills, and generally low on power. I am suspecting that it is finally time to clean the injectors to restore the spray pattern.

(By the way, new coil, spark plugs, O2 sensors, plug wires, cap & rotor, catalytic converter, lots of PEA-based cleaners through the tank).

Thoughts on pulling the injectors and:
1. sending them to a local shop
2. buying GB rebuilt injectors on RockAuto
3. buying AIRTEX/WELLS new units

Anything else that could be going on?

Buy the new ones
smile.gif

eBay item #191550476284 might also work for you

These are old side feed injectors and don't clean up very well from my experience, many die during testing when the rpm's are turned up. Do not by GB or AUS remans, they are notoriously poor quality.
I would get a new set for this one if they are really bad. The Wells are a decent injector, at least Rock has 3 of them so you only have to source a single.

Edit: I would love the work but honestly cleaning is not the best course of action for these particular injectors. Thanks guy for suggesting me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spavel6
My 1993 Eurovan with the 5-cylinder Audi gasoline engine has been running lean, heating up the cat, backfiring (infrequently) on downhills, and generally low on power. I am suspecting that it is finally time to clean the injectors to restore the spray pattern.

(By the way, new coil, spark plugs, O2 sensors, plug wires, cap & rotor, catalytic converter, lots of PEA-based cleaners through the tank).

Thoughts on pulling the injectors and:
1. sending them to a local shop
2. buying GB rebuilt injectors on RockAuto
3. buying AIRTEX/WELLS new units

Anything else that could be going on?

How long can your vehicle be down? Trav is the man. Got multi port injectors awhile ago to replace the single port injectors in my Jeep Grand Cherokee a few years ago from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back