IndyCar-St. Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well MotoGP is starting soon if you want to see super exciting racing. Too bad I have to pay extra to see it on BeIn Sports channel. But it's worth it as I can also watch World Superbike and the MotoAmerica Series.

PT has weighed in, and (to no surprise?) apportions at least some of the responsibility to Wickens for leaving the door wide open.

To me, it was a racing incident, a sum of the circumstances and actions from both drivers, so I'm not as ready to condemn Rossi solely like many are. Wickens could have had a better restart and more decisively defended the corner, and Rossi could have been more assertive in trying to take the position. He took Wickens out only because his car lost grip on the paint; on a different track, they probably would have survived cleanly. Both wavered on the approach to the corner.

You'd think it was Taylor/Albuquerque from last year's Rolex that everyone was talking about, but not at all. That was a more clear cut example of a chrome horn being used on the leader.

Both drivers will learn (more so Wickens), and who knows, we could have a fresh rivalry, though it will be hard to top PT/Andretti, PT/Seabass, PT/Tagliani (sense a trend?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back