I'm Going to Do It, I'm putting on a FRAM ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
Once you screw on a fram.....Your car goes BAM! Lol....

Kiding i know many that use fram with no issue.

Exactly... Considering the supposed Orange Cans of Death are sold almost everywhere and at some of the largest retailers like Walmart I'm sure we would be hearing about all sorts of grenading engines and we aren't. So I think it's overblown. That said, could they be built better? Sure but will it cause drastically shorter engine life. Not at all and they do a decent job as an economy filter in most applications.

My dad's beaters are proof of that. Conventional 10w30 of the cheapest variety with orange can filters and intervals of when he gets to it and he gets all the miles he wants out of them. He thinks I'm nuts for spending money on Synthetic and quality filters even though I drive my vehicles till the wheels fall off some 1/2 a million kilometers later.

Now for us wrench heads that want to fine tune our filtration and oil choice to try and minimize wear as much as possible, sure there are better choices.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
Once you screw on a fram.....Your car goes BAM! Lol....

Kiding i know many that use fram with no issue.

Exactly... Considering the supposed Orange Cans of Death are sold almost everywhere and at some of the largest retailers like Walmart I'm sure we would be hearing about all sorts of grenading engines and we aren't. So I think it's overblown. That said, could they be built better? Sure but will it cause drastically shorter engine life. Not at all and they do a decent job as an economy filter in most applications.

My dad's beaters are proof of that. Conventional 10w30 of the cheapest variety with orange can filters and intervals of when he gets to it and he gets all the miles he wants out of them. He thinks I'm nuts for spending money on Synthetic and quality filters even though I drive my vehicles till the wheels fall off some 1/2 a million kilometers later.

Now for us wrench heads that want to fine tune our filtration and oil choice to try and minimize wear as much as possible, sure there are better choices.
grin2.gif

27.gif
As cheap as possible, but as good as necessary.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
After reading enough good things about the Fram ultra, I've started using that on 2 of my vehicles. For the longest time I was in the camp of "no way im using a Fram".

Pretty much where I am at as well.

The only oil filters I used in the 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's, were FRAMs. I didn't know there was any other "choice." Never had a single lubrication issue and/or engine problem.

I used to be a Fram basher - but I use the orange can in a pinch. Some cars might be finicky to the ADBV on those but I'll use one these days. I just installed a TG7317 on a friend's bike, I trust Fram more than I do K&N which was the other choice.

Cummins and Hyundai put out bulletins that singled out the OCOD. But for a majority of cars and trucks they will work fine - Fram is OEM on US-built Hondas and Subarus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back