I'm exhausted

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a beautiful day to do anything outside, glad you could do this.

Youll sleep well!

you saved a LOT of $$$ by DIY + the satisfaction is a good feeling for sure!!

Originally Posted By: dave123
I’d be embarrassed to post it sounds like you need to get into shape.

There's always someone who feels the need to comment.

Nice! Working in the heat can really get to you sometimes (and the freezing cold). It also depends on how well the job is going. There have been days where I get more done than I ever thought I would, and others where I spend 2 hours fighting with a hose clamp.

Working in the heat and humidity is a killer (literally). When I was doing damage appraisals in the summer in Dallas and had to visit bodyshops a lot of them had signs advising folks that due to the extreme heat AND humidity vehicle delivery times may need to be extended. I would usually extend rental because I understood that working in the heat zaps your energy especially if you're welding or other activity which adds to the already hot enviorment. I could tell some of those techs where really hurting around 3 or 4 pm (hottest time of the day in DFW) and the THI was around 120. I experienced this first hand changing out the clutch on my mustang in August. No amount of fans and water helped, in fact there was a point where my wife came into the garage and told us to stop and take a break because my BIL and I where pale as ghosts. After we finished Sunday night I was completely exhausted and got leg cramps that night. I love working on cars but temperature extremes require you to take more breaks and work a little slower and remember to drink lots of water, a buddy of mine who was in Iraq advised me if you aren't peeing you need to drink more water. Remember Heat exhaustion or heat stroke is no joke, and the older we get the more susceptible we are to it, so take it easy, take lots of breaks and drink lots and lots of water (save the beer for later).

Last edited:
I think the OP is around 70 if I'm not mistaken but don't take that as gospel. Time for the original atf in the OP's Rav4 to get a drain and fill. Only 333k on that trans.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I think the OP is around 70 if I'm not mistaken but don't take that as gospel. Time for the original atf in the OP's Rav4 to get a drain and fill. Only 333k on that trans.

LOL. I'm only 55. The Rav4 ATF is up to 357k miles. And I exchanged 2 quarts at 250k miles.

I looked in the mirror at the airport last night and noticed my forehead was a little red, we got a lot of sun.

Thanks for the kind words from the rest of you! We did fight with a hose clamp. And for the life of me, I can't figure out wipers. I told my son, sometimes they pop right off and on and sometimes they give a lot of difficulty. They didn't prove me a liar. I struggled for 5 minutes with the driver side and gave up. Popped the passenger side off and on in 10 seconds. Then my son popped the driver side right off in 10 seconds.

The antifreeze looks really good so we just drained it and refilled. Just less than a gallon exchanged. Red came out so the Pentosin red went back in. It just occurred to me that we didn't dilute it and we should have. Yikes.

I swear sometimes its the little things that take forever. I replaced the shifter on my Mustang and one bolt took me a half hour to get out. I knew something was wrong when I had my power ratchet going for over a minute and the bolt didn't come out. Turned out if I just pushed up on the head from under it came right out. Now this was on my back with the car on jackstands and the bolt was facing down and I could only see the head kind of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back