If you have one car from the 60's, what would it be?

1969 Mustang Boss 429
I also like the Mercury Cougars from that era, I remember seeing a Cougar Eliminator...cool car names back in the day.

1960 Chrysler 300F convertible
Chrysler.jpg

Depending on the maintenance budget either a Mercedes w109 - or a Beetle.
Hmm. Times are getting uncertain... Beetle gets sent to basic training, so make that 181.

Although a Borgward B2000 A/O would be rather interesting, too. And more practical. But spare parts situation might be challenging.

If the 60s include 1970, then it's easy: Citroen SM.

I am going plucked chicken and say 62 300H. Or 60 Imperial. Certainly a 64 Studebaker Challenger R3. Any of the late 60s Opel V8s. I'm sure that there are a lot more if I think about it. V12 Gmc, gas or diesel.
I like the '61 300G. I prefer that version of the deck lid.

Os this the one he rebuilt?
Yes. Mark was the high end granite guy up there in the SeaTac area. He has a real eye for detail. Some uber rich guy he did a $20K granite kitchen for had several Vettes; I hear he had an aluminum head 427 '67 that was concours.
He sold Mark the basket case '62 for a really fair price. Mark spent years finding numbers components; the correct block, etc. Of course paint and glass work is stupid expensive. I think he has $100K into this beauty.

He got the bug from me when he drove my '68 one day. He went back to Warshington and bought a '69 BB Coupe. Then he built a nasty roller motor for it, just because. He has 3 Mechanical FI units and has become pretty knowledgeable.

Cousin's husband had one of those. Under the hood there was a metal plate stating to use 10-60 motor oil.
A 330 P3?
Wow!
Is it just me, or does most of the really interesting stuff from the sixties tend to be either Italian or Brit with the occasional German thrown in?

Back