I love barter...Traded Honda for a Kia.

Holy smokes, I haven't seen one of those in ages! 😲

They were quite common, but the salt around here got every single one of them. I saw a lot of them in the bodyshop as my father worked for a place that had a Hyundai/Kia dealership.

OP…you love barter!? Just imagine how the guy you bartered with feels about this deal…and with a Givi top box no less! 😲 JK, rode to High Rock lake yesterday and had lunch at the Tamarac Marina. Nice riding around Morrow Mountain!;)

OP…you love barter!? Just imagine how the guy you bartered with feels about this deal…and with a Givi top box no less! 😲 JK, rode to High Rock lake yesterday and had lunch at the Tamarac Marina. Nice riding around Morrow Mountain!;)
I love Morrow Mountain. Can spend hours at that Scenic Vista and walking trails.
But...the amount of distracted drivers is alarmingly increasing. They got a 2-5 ton metal cage around them, and I got just a helmet, a kevlar motorcycle jacket, and couple armor pads. So the odds definitely wouldn't be in my favor when one of those distracted cagers slams into me while texting.
See this video, scroll to the 20 minute mark. That reckless Jeep driver tried to lie, but was arrested thankfully.

My wife and kids still need me, so someone else can enjoy the two-wheeled life. Distracted drivers took all the fun out of it for me. Everytime I ride I'm just being paranoid about every car & truck around me. Gonna miss 70MPG though.

Last edited:
My cousin had one of those IIRC she totalled it rearending an AMISH buggy at 5am that had no lights or reflective signs on it.

You really going to put money into it or drive an dump it?
Already picking between Rust-Oleum and Majic tractor paint. Or should I splurge on MAACO? 64K miles, and this little car drives like the mileage is true. Plus it just had $1500+ put into it in just last couple months. Why not make it look somewhat presentable? And CV axles are under $200 for both. Could be a nice little low mileage daily for $2k all in.

You've done well yet again, I vaguely remember them when new in that 90s Teal
Back when H/K knew how to make a reasonably durable engine

You should book it into your local Kia dealer, it's got a 20 year old recall still open, needs both front seatbelt buckles

1000010640.jpg

Keep us updated on this project, and the paint job 👨‍🎨
1000010641.jpg

You've done well yet again, I vaguely remember them when new in that 90s Teal
Back when H/K knew how to make a reasonably durable engine

You should book it into your local Kia dealer, it's got a 20 year old recall still open, needs both front seatbelt buckles

View attachment 213124
Keep us updated on this project, and the paint job 👨‍🎨
View attachment 213125
Oh yeah, she's definitely getting that recall lol 😉
PXL_20240408_214404185~2.jpg

Back