I learn new terms every day: "Sunday Scaries?"

Another smart life equation to review and ponder; "The smarter people in the room are earning dividends and interest, while others may be paying interest, and equity payments".
The same can be said about people that own their homes and see their net value increasing vs those that rent and only see their rent increasing.

Unfortunately most people never take the time to understand either of those decision points out until it's too late to do anything about it.

I used to get anxiety/depression on Sunday nights knowing that I had to go to school the next morning. School was a stressful place. Not the school work. Trying to fit in, avoid the bullies, etc. It got better after I turned 16 and started to learn who I was.

As far as work, that doesn't stress me out. They want everyone to be happy at work. Since May is mental health month, they are doubling down to ensure that we take "mental health days". I'm taking off tomorrow to go golfing. My boss doesn't even know. Or care.
I could have written that first paragraph myself. This is probably common.

I could have written that first paragraph myself. This is probably common.
I clearly remember wanting to be cool so badly, I threw a party to the level of Risky Business when my parents went on vacation. It was the only time in my entire life my dad would not speak to me for about 3 weeks.

I was not as cool as Tom Cruise (still am not), and there was no Rebecca De Mornay at the party…

One of the worst things I did was I got a $500 scholarship from the local gardening society, and I proceeded to laugh at the idea of gardening. We can be lost, and real a’holes at 17.

This thread has turned judgy. Why? I guess the ultra genius investors have decided they are the authorities? It’s just a simple everyday life discussion…

This thread has turned judgy. Why? I guess the ultra genius investors have decided they are the authorities? It’s just a simple everyday life discussion…
I guess we all draw analogies in life. You’re referring to the dividends and interest comment?

At any rate I do remember as a kid disliking Sundays. The only time as an adult was when traveling for work and needing to be on site first thing Monday morning. And giving up my Sunday for my employer…

For the last few years before I retired I came to dread Mondays . I was a Foreman and I knew that a crappy week was in store for me .

For the last few years before I retired I came to dread Mondays . I was a Foreman and I knew that a crappy week was in store for me .
For some reason, whenever I hear the word foreman, I think of the Chuck Berry song, “Let it Rock.”

I guess we all draw analogies in life. You’re referring to the dividends and interest comment?

At any rate I do remember as a kid disliking Sundays. The only time as an adult was when traveling for work and needing to be on site first thing Monday morning. And giving up my Sunday for my employer…
Never meant to be judgy if that is the way anyone took it. To the contrary, I had to discover how to manage my finances myself, with no mentors to fall back on. I try now to teach every one I can how to leverage financial knowledge in the favor. It is a great thing to see someone progress from being financial illiterate to being successful with a few bits of knowledge.

I was very fortunate that my last employer had incorporated regular Mondays-off into the work schedule.

Between stat holidays and working extra the other days, we got one Monday off per 2-week pay period.

I worked in four different departments at my company. Only one was bad, and I bid out after a year.

So, for over 30 years Mondays were nothing to fear, and I had half of them off anyway.

But oh, those dark days of elementary school and jr. high ... I used to start to feel sick as soon as Disney was over at 7 p.m.

My parents were POOR so from the time that I was in 3rd grade I had to work. I always worked. Frequently I worked at least one job during the school and sometimes two, and two and sometimes three jobs during the summer. And while going to school that meant working nights until 10 or 11 PM and every Saturday until at least 11PM and including at least some work on Sunday. So no, I didn't dread Mondays. That idea just never occurred to me. The ones of you that had free time on weekends and then dreaded having to return to work on Monday were living a life of luxury IMO.

Last edited:
People gots to chill. I'm neither here nor there about Mondays. I'm certainly not going to ruin my Sunday worrying about Monday. My butterflies start as I drive to work Monday morning.

Being in a business that's open 7/24/365, we're scheduled according to necessity and no set days off. I guess any day after my day(s) off could be considered a Monday. If my days off are split, do I have two Mondays I have to deal with?:unsure:😁

Worse than worrying about Mondays was being " On Call " . 24/7 scaries . At two o'clock in the morning and the caller ID shows that it's the Dispatcher , you know it ain't going to be good .

I clearly remember wanting to be cool so badly, I threw a party to the level of Risky Business when my parents went on vacation. It was the only time in my entire life my dad would not speak to me for about 3 weeks.

I was not as cool as Tom Cruise (still am not), and there was no Rebecca De Mornay at the party…

One of the worst things I did was I got a $500 scholarship from the local gardening society, and I proceeded to laugh at the idea of gardening. We can be lost, and real a’holes at 17.
I think I was 5 when that came out and probably only 8 or 9 when I first watched it but the scene when she comes in (not wearing much) and the wind is blowing what little she had on is indelibly stamped in my brain 37 years later.

I think I was 5 when that came out and probably only 8 or 9 when I first watched it but the scene when she comes in (not wearing much) and the wind is blowing what little she had on is indelibly stamped in my brain 37 years later.

She was sooooo cute. What happened to her after Risky Business ?

Back