I learn new terms every day: "Sunday Scaries?"

Apparently LinkedIn has found, that 75% of workers, experience it.

I think back to being in HS, and sure sometimes we didn't want to do any work. But when I think more about it, we really did when all was said and done.

I do recall being young, like 5th grade, and not liking the idea of going to school on Mondays. But the above 75% are grown-ups, right? What gives? :)

Apparently LinkedIn has found, that 75% of workers, experience it.

I think back to being in HS, and sure sometimes we didn't want to do any work. But when I think more about it, we really did when all was said and done.

I do recall being young, like 5th grade, and not liking the idea of going to school on Mondays. But the above 75% are grown-ups, right? What gives? :)
I must be the 5% who is excited for Monday. I love my 3 day weekends however ready to get back to my 4 day work week!

I hate Monday’s too. I love what I do but when Monday comes I have to get up at 5:45 and do the same thing 5 days in a row lol. I never have time to do everything I need to do on the weekends and I usually work 7:30am-6pm sometimes earlier but usually I get stuck staying because no one else will. Then my hour commute each way leaves me with no time to do anything during the week. At least tomorrow I will have a nice new pair of boots to work in. Now let’s just hope we aren’t busy.

When I had a job I didn't love I hated every day before a work day.

Lately work is relaxing time for me even when it is hectic.

I used to get anxiety/depression on Sunday nights knowing that I had to go to school the next morning. School was a stressful place. Not the school work. Trying to fit in, avoid the bullies, etc. It got better after I turned 16 and started to learn who I was.

As far as work, that doesn't stress me out. They want everyone to be happy at work. Since May is mental health month, they are doubling down to ensure that we take "mental health days". I'm taking off tomorrow to go golfing. My boss doesn't even know. Or care.

Indifferent. I don't look forward to them, but I don't dread them. It's not like being back in school and had to get in front of the class for a presentation.

hasn't been a thing for me after HS...
that's the...Joy?...I guess?... of working a cust. service job that's open 24/7(21/7 since the pandemic) and everyone is Expected to work weekends...
I could have set days off, but I've never asked for them... so I work 5 days a week, with 2 random days off... could be 2 in a row, but not normally...
for me, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, just another day.... haven't ever had a traditional weekend on the regular in my adult life.

I do not mind Mondays at all.
Just another day of the week.
Do what you love, and work is a pleasure.
If you don't love what you do, why not?
Maybe a career change is needed.
Many things today make no sense, compared to when I began my career. The make and break little worms like me is far more open and accepted today. But as you say, I try to find the pony under all the horse ****

Career changes are not a persons choice either…

I believe career changes are our choice to make.
Last year I hired a Doctor who was tired of the BS, but loves his new career as equipment operator.
He hated being a Physician, so made the choice to make himself happy.
Most of my employees had former careers.
Police, nurses, teachers, doctors, dental hygienists, book keepers, you name it.
Also on my staff are ex cons, high school drop outs, and they all have one thing in common to remain employed with me...a willingness to work, and minimal time spent whining.
Whiners don't last long, nor do lazy people.

I believe career changes are our choice to make.
Last year I hired a Doctor who was tired of the BS, but loves his new career as equipment operator.
He hated being a Physician, so made the choice to make himself happy.
Most of my employees had former careers.
Police, nurses, teachers, doctors, dental hygienists, book keepers, you name it.
Also on my staff are ex cons, high school drop outs, and they all have one thing in common to remain employed with me...a willingness to work, and minimal time spent whining.
Whiners don't last long, nor do lazy people.
I’ve seen in IT where a technology seemed to have gone away seemingly just like that. Take phones for example. 15 years ago telecom was a huge portion of an IT budget. Today, a fraction of what it once was.

I’ve also seen that people who were willing to learn something new, were able to do so and keep their relatively higher salaries. But said people were also folks who were fast learners and hard workers. My point is they may have been happy at what they did, but it simply went away. And so they changed careers but not necessarily their plans nor choices led to the changes…

My humble suggestion is to all of you who hate Mondays is get on board with a financial plan that will allow you to get to the finish line as fast as possible or at least to an off ramp to other employment that is less stressful or more liking to what you want to do for a living.

My Doc always reminds me at least twice per year of the same health equation - "Stress causes inflamation in the body, and inflamation causes disease, and disease is what kills you."

If you can't create a workable financial plan yourself, get with a fiduciary fee based advisor who can help you create one. They truly can help your life get easier if your finances are causing you to be anxious or living in a situation you dont want to be in.

Back