Rules: In our modern society today--which ones are routinely broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to get coupons for BK, and when I went to use any of them, I would marvel that the place even can stay in existence. Nobody here, simple order, literally 10 minutes later, waiting. KFC was the same. Wouldn't you know the BK near us got completely remodeled? What is going on? :giggle:
Wait till the KFC tells you they are out of chicken! Happened to a friend of my moms maybe 5-6 years ago. The Colonel is rolling in his grave. Yum Brands destroyed KFC in the USA, but they took it to China, and Asia and pushed it upscale really irritating.

Speed limit signs are just a suggestion.
They are in Denton Texas holy cow! Went down quite a number of years ago. My parents were going 10-12 over and we were getting passed by state patrol and everyone as if we were the problem. Add in at one point Montana's legal daytime speed limit was "reasonable ". Bobby Rahal, Al Unser jr. And Michael Andretti along with CarandDriver took several exotic and sports cars out for a spin and more or less got the law changedto 70. Andretti was clocked at 130. They all got tickets. Bobby Rahal told the officer that it was reasonable. They were professional race car drivers, and the Corvette, Mark IV Supra, would easily do 150 plus.

Wait till the KFC tells you they are out of chicken! Happened to a friend of my moms maybe 5-6 years ago. The Colonel is rolling in his grave. Yum Brands destroyed KFC in the USA, but they took it to China, and Asia and pushed it upscale really irritating.
OMG, we gave up on KFC a long time ago, maybe a decade. When the kids still lived with us it would be an ok fast food meal to pick up.
After several attempts to get gosh I forgot anywhere from 8 to 12 piece meals, to be told they were out of a portion of whatever was supposed to be in the meal we gave up after it happened a number of times. Ex. one time might have been out of the chicken breast another the thighs or whatever.

OMG, we gave up on KFC a long time ago, maybe a decade. When the kids still lived with us it would be an ok fast food meal to pick up.
After several attempts to get gosh I forgot anywhere from 8 to 12 piece meals, to be told they were out of a portion of whatever was supposed to be in the meal we gave up after it happened a number of times. Ex. one time might have been out of the chicken breast another the thighs or whatever.
I just have visions (recent) of cars lined up around the building and nothing moving. It’s really weird. And prices are not affordable.

Like they chicken Sal’ sand’ scene with Jack Nicholson where waitress goes, “You want me to hold the chicken?!l”. And Jack tells her how 😂

Me too - especially now a days. We all should do as you advise. Pick our battles (if any). Far too many freaks just waiting in public to engage and harm someone/anyone they get the chance to.
We have had two cases that ended in the deaths of two former NFL players (not connected at all) actually killed in the dumbest - most childish and immature cases of road rage ever.
#1 Some fellow in his 50s was speeding like a wild man on a local toll road (speed limit 45mph) doing at least 70 mph according to many witnesses to the entire thing. The one older fellow who was speeding and weaving in and out began some crazy competition of passing cars with another younger driver. They ended up tapping into one another at a red light. Younger (ex NFL player) gets out and charges the other vehicle where he failed to realize older guy had a weapon. Ex NFL player (folks later said he was kind of an ego manic in public a lot) with habit of threatening people ran up and punches out the older guy thru the window.
I came across a term, “swimming.” And they make YouTubes off the dash cams driving 140 smoothly through traffic.

I came across a term, “swimming.” And they make YouTubes off the dash cams driving 140 smoothly through traffic.
I wonder what they call the thing? Where they are all getting away with these days when a crowd watches as they do burn outs and spin outs and figure 8s in the roads and intersections at red lights etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back