I Guess It Is True..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't drive much the last years due to many reasons, and I only have 11K miles on my F- 150 and it is a 2008. I bought it new in 2009 in the height of the depression and they were just about giving them away.

It has always run Great, thank God, but I was worried that since I drive only about 2,500 miles a year now that varnish and junk was maybe getting into my fuel line... Especially with in-activity of not driving sometimes for 4-5 days and then mostly short trips to Doctors etc..

So last Sunday I put in 2 of the 12 oz. bottles of Chevron Techron fuel additive concentrate and 24 gallons of gas...

I really didn't expect much as my truck has been running like a new Cadillac since I bought it...
I drove it on the Interstate today for 60 miles and later I started it up and it is even smoother than before and seems to respond even better than when it was new...
I usually don't believe in additives, but this is very responsive and hopefully a good pre-ventative maintainance tool,,, very cheap...

I thank the people on here who have discussed this Techron and Redline S-!..Maybe in 6 months I'll get the Redline S-1..The Techron was on sale and local so I got it...

How often do you do 60 mile highway trips? It may be that the highway trip did more good than the Techron.

Honestly, with those few miles, that truck will probably outlast you...

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
How often do you do 60 mile highway trips? It may be that the highway trip did more good than the Techron.

Honestly, with those few miles, that truck will probably outlast you...

About once a month I drive about 25 highway miles at one time..13 going and 13 coming back on highway at 60 mph... ....

I hope the truck does out last me,,one other thing not to worry about...I hope...

Techron / PEA is a scientifically engineered additive designed to do what it says and tested and developed continuously. Major manufacturers recommend it, particularly when top tier gas isn't used.

I had a usage pattern of exclusive short trips and non top tier gas and the vehicle developed drivability issues over a few years. The throttle body was caked in carbon and so was the combustion chamber.

Techron and Gumout restored performance and fuel economy. But it still took the Walmart fuel service to remove some final deposits and a recent interstate trip in 100f+ temps also seems to have helped.

I swear by PEA myself.

My favorite is Red Line, but it is a pain to get.

So my next favorite source of PEA is Gumout with Regane High Mileage only when it is on sale at Canadian Tire for half price.

I pre-treat with Gumout Fuel Injection Cleaner to lightly remove some crud (I am a heavy short-tripper and rarely go on the highway). Then I use 1 bottle of Regane for a full tank of gas.

Restores my fuel economy and throttle response in one tank.

I do prefer PEA a few tanks of gas before an oil change, but that is only a personal preference.

Between oil changes I stick with simple Gumout Fuel Injector Cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back