Hyundai OEM Filter specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Show the graph they made at the 20 mark. You make the claim it's less based on guessing, I make no claim except it isn't known. Show a link to the type of test they used. Already it is assumed to be the USA multi pass test. Context is important, who knows who or what for they put 50 in the video. The efficiency could be 99 >20, flat line at 99, and they chose 50 because the fake filter is so poor it catches zero at 20. Many reasons people do things.

Everyone who knows anything about an oil filter's efficiency vs particle size plot knows that if a filter is rated at 99% >50u then it has to be much less efficient at >20u. You've most likely seen the various efficiency vs particle size plots posted from time to time. You seem to think that's not the case here ... if so, then tell why.

And why would they say it's 99% >50u when it really wasn't? Certainly not just for the sake of the fake filter by trying to make their filter look pretty inefficient. Hyundai: "Hey, let's shoot ourselves in the foot because we don't want to make this fake filter look too bad".

Talk is cheap, show their graph. Can't, so you don't know. Since 99 is essentially 100 on these graphs it is possible the 99 line could go from 20 up. Who knows. They weren't comparing to your beloved filter.
laugh.gif

Talk is cheap, show their graph. Can't, so you don't know. Since 99 is essentially 100 on these graphs it is possible the 99 line could go from 20 up. Who knows. They weren't comparing to your beloved filter.
laugh.gif

You show their graph ... you're the one making the claim that some efficiency magic is happening.

Show me how 99% >50u (shown on the first graph) can somehow magically mean 99% >20 on these oil filter efficiency vs particle size curves. These typical curves don't magically make inverse direction changes or gigantic step functions. And it won't be any different for these Hyundai filters.

laugh.gif

You show their graph ... you're the one making the claim that some efficiency magic is happening.

Show me how 99% >50u (shown on the first graph) can somehow magically mean 99% >20 on these oil filter efficiency vs particle size curves. These typical curves don't magically make inverse direction changes or gigantic step functions. And it won't be any different for these Hyundai filters.

I never said what you claim I said, misreading.
You are the one making a definitive conclusion, not me, so where is your evidence? In Korea is my bet. I see some of those lines run to the top and flat line.
laugh.gif

You are the one making a definitive conclusion, not me, so where is your evidence? In Korea is my bet. I see some of those lines run to the top and flat line.
laugh.gif

Well, just what are you claiming then and going in circles while backpedaling?

laugh.gif

I said don't know if the 50 is the only number at 99, because people do all kinds of things. The fake filter was 43 at 50 so maybe someone in Korea just wanted to make the same micron size 50 to compare. The reason isn't important. So a whole myth doesn't need to be created that these filters are 99 at 50 when there is no total graph to see to prove it. There isn't even a test reference. No backpedalling, attacking the messenger is pointless.

laugh.gif

I said don't know if the 50 is the only number at 99, because people do all kinds of things. The fake filter was 43 at 50 so maybe someone in Korea just wanted to make the same micron size 50 to compare. The reason isn't important. So a whole myth doesn't need to be created that these filters are 99 at 50 when there is no total graph to see to prove it. There isn't even a test reference. No backpedalling, attacking the messenger is pointless.

I think you're the one "creating the myth" that these filters are supposedly super efficient, like 99% >20u.

To think Hyundai is going to report that their oil filter is 99% >50u just for the sake of comparison to some fake filter when it might actually be much better in efficiency is just ludicrous. If their filter was better than 99% >50u they would say so because it would make the fake look even worse.

Those Hyundai filters will follow the same basic graph shape of the non-synthetic filter curves that I've shown above - and the data point of 99% >50u pretty much says it's impossible for it to also be 99% >20u. If you think otherwise then it's up to you to prove it with some specific technical data.

laugh.gif

I think you're the one "creating the myth" that these filters are supposedly super efficient, like 99% >20u.

To think Hyundai is going to report that their oil filter is 99% >50u just for the sake of comparison to some fake filter when it might actually be much better in efficiency is just ludicrous. If their filter was better than 99% >50u they would say so because it would make the fake look even worse.

Those Hyundai filters will follow the same basic graph shape of the non-synthetic filter curves that I've shown above - and the data point of 99% >50u pretty much says it's impossible for it to also be 99% >20u. If you think otherwise then it's up to you to prove it with some specific technical data.

I am not creating a myth, you are. I didn't say it is 99 @ 20, never. NEVER. I said, for the fourth time or so, no one knows exactly the situation in the video and if there are other microns at 99. If you are unable to comprehend what I said, and it was said in a decent way, that isn't my problem any more. What I said is very simple and not a cause to argue aimlessly. Bye bye, have your usual last word so you feel you are right.

I am not creating a myth, you are. I didn't say it is 99 @ 20, never. NEVER.

What you originally said:
in the little video the chart says 99 > 50 microns, but it also could be 99 > 20.

And I said if it's shown as 99% >50u it technically can't also be 99% >20u because of the very nature of the efficiency vs particle size curves of oil filters. Even the curves for full synthetic oil filters can't make that happen. If they were better than 99% >50u Hyundai would be brain dead not to say they were more efficient. So yeah, you were eluding and saying it could be 99% >20. And I told you why it technically can't be - but you don't want to accept that. If you want to for some reason believe these are 99% >20u filters then knock yourself out. Heck, they might even be 99% >5u based on certain logic ... but maybe Hyundai isn't into bragging about super efficiency . The earth could be flat too based on the observations of some people.
wink.gif
So time to agree to disagree.

And you can have the last word on this one, because I really want to see what it will be.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back