Hyundai Elantra

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
Is the Elantra the smallest Hyundai, similar to a Civic or a Corolla?

3 1/2 years ago I went to my local Hyundai dealer to lease a car and wanted to lease an Accent because that's their cheapest car.
I was told there are no leases on that car because they don't want them back. LOL.

So I leased an Elantra GT,hell of fun car.
I was afraid they would do that to my father 5 years ago with a ford focus he wanted to lease. There were about 40 focuses in the back storage lot, and 15 displayed in the new area.

The entire lot is empty right now except for two new/used F-150's and a mustang Mach-E which happens to be the absolute ugliest car I've seen in years.

The Excel has been out of production for about two decades, no?
The Excel was replaced with the Accent (in the US) in 1995. So currently the Accent (and Venue, which is shorter) are the smallest Hyundai’s.

The US didn’t get the Pony or the Pony truck, unfortunately.

Attachments

• 35B4A934-74B3-40EF-9FEA-CEB6DA93B5BE.jpeg
    35B4A934-74B3-40EF-9FEA-CEB6DA93B5BE.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 14
The Excel was replaced with the Accent (in the US) in 1995. So currently the Accent (and Venue, which is shorter) are the smallest Hyundai’s.

The US didn’t get the Pony or the Pony truck, unfortunately.
Ya, unfortunatly Canada got the Pony as well as the Stellar (which was anything but!)
The Pony was the cheapest new car a person could buy.
1985_Hyundai_Pony_%284739796081%29.jpg

Back in the 80s, I recall seeing a one or two year old Pony in the local classifieds for a paltry sum of $2500!
Totally blew my mind that it wasn't a misprint!😲
Little did I know, the cars were horribly built and a joke when compared to anything from Honda/Toyota/Suzuki

After the Accent the Hyundai Kona is the next size up. The Kona is a smaller car the the Elantra. You can see a picture of a Kona in my signature link below. They have gone through a sligh redesign since mine is the first year out in the US.

I was afraid they would do that to my father 5 years ago with a ford focus he wanted to lease. There were about 40 focuses in the back storage lot, and 15 displayed in the new area.

The entire lot is empty right now except for two new/used F-150's and a mustang Mach-E which happens to be the absolute ugliest car I've seen in years.
TOTALLY agree as IMBHO that thing doesn't deserve the Mach name...

Back