How to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
If that's your beater, and you're planning on driving it into the ground. I'd say let it go. Who cares? Plus, ya'll can get some nasty winter weather where you're at and then you'd have to clean off all that salt and overspray stuff with a new paint job. I'd just keep it as is.

Honestly, in grand scheme of things you are right and I might end up doing it. But still worth checking if I can fix it in few hundred and someone has better ideas
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Carbon fiber wrap looks good on the hood and roof of cars i've seen.
thumbsup2.gif

One of my motorcycle has it. Current one also has some small chunks, but it'll be too expensive for my cheap Civic
laugh.gif

When I was a little kid there was an Earl Scheib paint shop in town. Earl said, "I'll paint any car any color for $29.95".

I think it's gone up since then.

I just had to jump in.

If it's no big deal to have a "fine paint job", and I gather it isn't.....

Sand the car carefully and prime and paint it with a brush. At various times in my life I've seen older cars treated this way.

One, an old Ford, was done so well I could only tell as street lights rode over the hood at night. Then I could see the brush strokes.

Come on, have a little fun and involvement. The Rustoleum catalog is no longer just circus colors.

Wasn't OP asking about selling one of these Civics? Between them not starting and all the other issues posted, put me in the camp that says sell them both and buy anything that doesn't have an H on the grille.

I might try plasti dip. It's easy to do and it peels off if you don't like the outcome. That also means it won't be that durable under high pressure. I had plasti-dipped the wheels on my Liberty and they peeled with a pressure washer...ended up getting new rims.

Or you could get tractor paint. That's pretty durable and easy to put on. Any implement dealer should have it, they should have black. Otherwise get red and throw an "I" in front of the H on the grille.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back