How much does the thermostat jiggle pin matter? Replaced aftermarket thermostat without it with OE

The aftermarket stat will have small grooves around the piston that is supposed to do the same thing.they do...kinda. definitely makes it take longer to warm up.

The oe stat is no longer available for my Jeep so I'm stuck with longer warm up times.
Mopar still offers a thermostat for you TJ wrangler PN 52028186AC per my Starparts catalog.

Inside the jeep box is a motorad stat. Already been there. It's junk
I don't understand, are the mopars made my motorad now? I haven't checked, I have one in stock at my dealership I'll take a look at in the morning. If you're concerned about fakes just go to your local dealer with the number and have them open the box so you may inspect it. Online stuff is a gamble and we all know it.

I don't understand, are the mopars made my motorad now? I haven't checked, I have one in stock at my dealership I'll take a look at in the morning. If you're concerned about fakes just go to your local dealer with the number and have them open the box so you may inspect it. Online stuff is a gamble and we all know it.
I did. I went to the local dealer and when I looked in the box it was a motorad. I left it on the counter. Prolly not enough sales for jeep to sell the original.

Is it the 2002 Wrangler in your sig? If so, there is an OE Mopar thermostat listed for a 2002 Wrangler on Rock Auto, though it is $30
Some 2002 Jeep 4.0L, unfortunately like mine, have the older (1999-2001?) non-TUPY head with the very unforgiving thin casting. I've been told to be very careful bleeding the air out after a coolant change. Just in case that helps someone.

Back