GM Pigtail wires PT1798. Worth buying OE or going aftermarket?

So, the P0125 came back on a 2001 Firebird V6 3800 after replacing the coolant temperature sensor, thermostat, and bleeding the coolant. :mad:

The wires might need to be replaced. The pigtail GM says to use in the sensor's part description is PT1798, but it is ridiculously overpriced! Even Rock Auto wants $30 for it. There is one on eBay for $20, but even that is more than I want to pay.

Another option is PT2386. This part number is listed when you just look up temperature sensor connector. The PT2386 is cheaper, but the wires are much shorter!

There are, of course, many aftermarket connectors on eBay and Amazon. Are they worth using over either ACDelco option? :unsure:

If you see PED or Delphi on the connector, it’s probably a Delphi Packard Weather-Pack or Metri-Pack connector. There’s small shops online that sell pigtails with those. I’ve ordered a headlamp socket this way.

If you see PED or Delphi on the connector, it’s probably a Delphi Packard Weather-Pack or Metri-Pack connector. There’s small shops online that sell pigtails with those. I’ve ordered a headlamp socket this way.

It seems to be a Metri-Pack 150.2

Thank you so much

Back