How many oil filters do you have in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my Ram 5.7L Hemi (O/FCI 8K miles / 6 months)

5 Purolator Synthetic PSL24651
2 Fram Ultra XG2
2 Fram made Carquest Blue 84899
3 Wix made Carquest Blue 84899
4 Mopar MO-899

For my wife's 3.7L V6 Mustang (O/FCI 10K miles / 1 year)

3 Mobil 1 M1-212
1 Wix made Carquest Red R84502
1 Fram made Carquest Blue 84502
1 Fram Pro Synthetic FPS10575

For the ZTR riding mower (O/FCI 50 to 100 hrs / 1 year)

1 Wix made Carquest Blue 85516
2 Quaker State QS3600

Guess that's 25 total

I currently have 11 new oil filters on-hand:

For 1995 Corvette LT1:
4 x Mobil 1 EP M1-201

For 2006 Tacoma 2.7L:
1 x Purolator Pure One PL10241
1 x Purolator L10241
1 x Bosch 3330 premium
1 x Denso 150-1002
1 x Motorcraft FL910s
1 x Motorcraft FL400s

For 1996 Toyota Corolla 1.6 (mom's car):
1 x Purolator L14476

The different Tacoma filters because on sale and/or came with an oil change special. All are very good filters. And the two different Motorcrafts because I'm trying the larger FL400s instead of the standard FL910s... supposed to be equal in every way except 400 is larger.

Last edited:
7 on hand (that i can find)

For my GM Vehicles:

3 X Bosch D3430
1 X Pro-Tec 107
1 X Purolator L24011

For the future ex-wife's Forester:

1 X Mobil 1 M1-112

For my long gone Explorer:

1 X Purolator L24651

Anyone want the Purolator Classics? Pay me shipping and they're yours!

I have two. ACDelco PF-52 filters for the Olds. Along with the two jugs of PYB 5W30 in my stash, these supplies should carry me until next fall. If this thread is any indicator I should have at least 17 PF-52 filters. Maybe I'll buy out Rock Auto's supply.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
4 Carquest Blue (Wix made) for the Scion.
1 Supertech and 1 Purolator (that I probably will not use) for the truck.

In the future, I will probably keep 1 in stock for the truck (plan on using ST from now on), for the Scion, not sure, still have 2 more years till I get to that point (but will probably be Fram Tough Guard unless I find a great clearance).

Well, so much for that.

With the Bosch Distance + filters on clearance at Walmart, I bought even more.
I bought three D3410 filters for the F150.
Two D3422 (oversized for the Scion).
A D3324 for moms Saturn (should have bought more).

I did cut open the Motorcraft I had, as well as buying a Mobil 1 Annual filter to cut open.
I also bought some D3423 clearance filters thinking they were oversize for the Scion, but they are not.
I cut one open, the other is sitting on the shelf, not sure what to do with it.

So I now have:
6 filters for the Scion (3 years worth)
1 filter for the Vue
4 filters for the F150 (maybe a years worth?)
I am changing the oil in my F150 (using the ST filter) and my brother in laws truck (with a Bosch Distance +) in the next week, so that is 2 of them gone.

From Walmart:
11x Fram TG8316's ($1.50 ea.) Two of which are circa 2003 and will probably never be put into service. The rest are 2012-2015.
1x Purolator L10241 ($0.75) - Nice looking louvers. May never use....
1x Purolator L20195 ($0.75) - With 1/3rd the louvers barely open. Will probably never use.

Not from Walmart:
Fram PH7650 - Planning on running this enormous thing next on the spin on filter base I've got my transmission lines running through. Currently running a TG3614.
Fram PH977a - Also for the transmission, planning on being the even-more-enormous followup to the PH7650.

I went nuts this week. I usually grab one a few weeks before an oil change when I'm out and about. Monday, I had none for the G37, and happened by Acklands and grabbed a B1402 at a great price. For some reason, I wanted to check the price on a Wix 57356, compared to the three other Wix parts that fit the G. I grabbed one, and it turned to be the cheapest of the Wix varieties, a little over $7, which is nice given the construction. So, that bumped me up to two filters. Yesterday, I had to stop at NAPA Canada to get some Formula Shell on special for my god-daughter's car. While getting myself in order there, I noticed they had a two day NAPA filter sale (never seen one in Canada before), and a display of over a dozen filters cut open for comparison (car51 would have been proud). They had the NAPA Gold 7356 on sale for just over $4, with a regular price of $12. So, I got two 7356s. I went from zero filters in stock early Monday to four on Friday.

I only wish I had been able to get online to let other Canadians know about NAPA Canada's short lived filter sale, assuming it wasn't just my store.

Originally Posted By: Garak
They had the NAPA Gold 7356 on sale for just over $4, with a regular price of $12. So, I got two 7356s. I went from zero filters in stock early Monday to four on Friday.

$4 for a NAPA Gold is a good price even here in the US, surprised you did not buy more (but I guess you had 2 others already...).

Originally Posted By: Garak
They had the NAPA Gold 7356 on sale for just over $4, with a regular price of $12. So, I got two 7356s. I went from zero filters in stock early Monday to four on Friday.

$4 for a NAPA Gold is a good price even here in the US, surprised you did not buy more (but I guess you had 2 others already...).

+1 ..... Yes, that is a good deal for NAPA Gold oil filters. Glad you were able to get some while they were still on sale.

4 for a NAPA Gold is a good price even here in the US, surprised you did not buy more (but I guess you had 2 others already...).

It did cross my mind, believe me, and I had to restrain myself, particularly with how rarely (i.e. never) they're on sale at our Napas. But, four filters should keep me going for a reasonable while now, and I don't want to be storing them indefinitely. My price on the 57356 at my other suppliers, not to mention the Baldwin being under $6, made it a lot less imperative to grab all I could carry.
wink.gif

I don't know about NAPA Canada sometimes. I never come across these filter sales. Yet, they'll have a very good deal on an oil, and hold that special for a month, and have lesser specials on several other oils, and keep those specials going for three months at a time. But, let's keep that filter markup high.
wink.gif

The actual specified filter for my G37 (1358) is rather high at NAPA, with their XP actually being significantly cheaper, for some strange reason.

14 ACDelco PF48E for my '13 Silverado. It seems to do well with these filters, and I was concerned that ACDelco would change their supplier to some off shore outfit. They already have an alternative the 48E, a made in China PF663, that's right, a 663, which is just a generic filter with a Delco sticker over the OE Chinese filter manufacturers part number. I have had good success with the PF 48E

I just had 12 (a full sealed case) of Purolator TL 14612 come in the mail on Saturday.
I will use them on our 2012 Mazda Skyactiv.

Using 3 oil filters a year gives me 4 years worth and not sure I want them on my shelf that long so maybe Ill ebay 3 of them and be left with 3 years worth of filters.
In the hand they feel like nice solid filters and made in the USA.

I could not pass up the deal. $2.00 each, $24.50 for the sealed case, delivered to my door.

Since most of us do our own changes, many will understand there are times when you know you need to do an upcoming change, the weather just right, time just right and its a great feeling when you dont have to run to the store first to get the oil and filter ... :eek:)

Last edited:
I just keep one per car in stock. Since I've started using Fram Ultra's for about one change a year, it doesn't make much sense to get too many years ahead! It's handy to have the one as I didn't realize how many miles my wife had been doing lately and wanted to a change ASAP. 29k km on the filter and 17k km on the oil was far enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back