How Many Miles Do You Put On Your Ride In a Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 miles to and from work if no over time (18 miles total).
30-100 miles for errands and such for the rest of the week.

If the weather is nice, I may put 200 miles on the bike in one day.

My DD gets about 500 miles a week for commute. My truck gets like 10--sometimes it sits for two weeks, sometimes it gets 10, other times it will spike and I'll do 200. I think the last year, two years each got about 25k and 6k respectively. Wife's car has been getting less lately, like 22k/year, whatever that works out to be.

Oil: Started with TGMO 0W20, have been migrating to cheaper 30's since then. First Mobil, then some 10W30 PP that I got on sale. Now it'll likely be ST 5W30--maybe 10W30 summer and 5W30 or 0W20 for winter, but on a 5k OCI. Except the old Camry, that will probably stay 5W30 year round, and on high mileage oil as that seems to slow down a leak. Not sure that super duper oil at long OCI's make sense once engine age gets up there. Not sure it really matters one way or the other.

We're lucky to see 100 miles/wk between 3 cars. Both wife and I telecommute from home now, only go into the office when needed. Most of the miles occur on the weekend between shopping and church.

Rav4: Napa syn. Whenever convenient after 5k maintenance light
G35: Formula Shell conventional. 1/yr before winter storage
4Runner: Valvoline Maxlife. Whenever convenient after 5k maintenance light.

Rav4 will probably go to Supertech after stash of Napa syn runs out. Local Napa's didn't have their sales this year on in-house oils.
G35 runs on Formula shell bought with Menards rebates (store vouchers). The VQ hasn't burned any oil running on conventional, and it only gets used 4-5 mo's out of the year.
4Runner gets Maxlife because at 165k, I get the tingles believing Maxlife's marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back