How Many Miles Do You Put On Your Ride In a Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truck:
1) I average 116 miles/week (over 200 weeks of ownership).

2) I have used Valvoline Next gen (twice), frankenbrew of Nextgen and Pennzoil Platinum, and Havoline High Mileage (twice, and is current fill)

3) I am happy with cheap clearance/rebate oil, and have no brand loyalties.

Wifes car:
1) Average is 155 miles/week (over 264 weeks of ownership).

2) Have used TGMO (5 times, free dealer changes), Pennzoil Platinum twice, Auto Zone Syn, Quaker State syn (current)

3: Same as above, no brand loyalty, I am cost loyal.

That said, my wifes car will eventually be on a diet of Castrol Magnatec for the next few years. Why, because I have a bunch of it.

I was putting about 200 when going to college, all highway. Now it's 70-100 depending on work and picking up my sister

No brand loyalty. Just what I have on hand at the time.

Pretty happy with all the oils I use. I don't think that I've found the perfect one yet to be honest.

About 375 miles a week in the Sonata. I use clearance 0w30, 5w30, and 10w30 oil, so far only synthetics. Will continue to only use clearance oils.

I technically average 75 miles a week in the Jeep, but it's driven spuratically. Such as, I drove it today for the first time in 6 weeks. I use clearance oil in it too, but will likely switch it up to some Castrol 10w40 I got for $2 a quart next oil change.

60 - 100 per week, between two cars, wife helps add some to it.
I plan to stay with my $4/qt PP, unless I find a better (cheaper) option.

Ex Police Ford Crown Vic (2006) about 230 miles a week. Valvoline Syn. and no i wouldn't change brands. I rebuild engines for a living, and I see what works!!

600-700 a week
85% highway, 15% city - work two jobs plus daughter's activities

Current fill:
3 qts Peak SM 0W-20 full synth on clearance a couple years ago
3 qts Havoline DS 10W-30 clearance at O'reilly's

I usually run to about 12,000 before OCI.

3rd part: I buy whatever quality oil is on sale

Me, about 100 miles a week.
My wife, about 300 miles a week.

Both cars get name brand conventional oil, Mobil, Pennzoil, Valvoline, whatever I can get at a good price.

I'm satisfied with everything. I do like to change the oil frequently.

Generally speaking, we put about 500 miles per week on our van, or 20k annually. Not sure how we manage that living in a small town, other than the fact that we go to Sioux Falls often enough (120 miles away). Because my daughter went to college, and my wife's sister living in Louisiana, we have managed 26k this first year.

On my pickup, I was averaging about 125 miles per week when the odometer was working.

Currently using Havoline HM in the pickup. Got it on sale for less than $2 qt. Will continue to use that until I run out. I have six 5qt. containers, or 3 years worth if I change every 6 months. If I can catch Havoline Synthetic on sale, I may create a blend and stretch it out even further.

In the van, I have used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, because I received it free as part of the Pennzoil UOA program. Sending in my sample this week. After this OCI, will probably switch to Pennzoil Platinum due to the fact that Wal-Mart no longer stocks PUP

On our service vans 1200 miles in a week is not uncommon if we are busy.

My wife regularly does 6 or 700 miles a week as a traveling OTR.

All vehicles we own now except a toy truck have OLM's and we use them to determine the intervals. On the vans they trip at about 4500 miles and the RAM can easily go 7500 or so.

A typical trip into town for shopping or a doctor visit might be a 70-80 mile round trip, but these happen only about once a month if that. It is not unusual for each of our two cars to accumulate <30 miles in a week, and sometimes <20 miles especially during the winter. They get NAPA dino oil and are happy with it.

At this time of the year when there is a lot of mandatory OT, maybe 50 miles, back and forth to the trains station and maybe 2 trips to a local store for food.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
The Accord is my daily driver.
200-300 miles a week depending on weekend use.
Currently has 209K miles .

Uses what ever I have in my stash.
So it varies on my mood at the time of my oil change.
Currently have a lot of Chevron Supreme 10W-30 .
But may use the last of my Havoline Conventional 5W-30 or Havoline ProDS 5W-30.

With this car I change oils all the time.

200 to 300 miles per week translates into 11,000 to 15,000 miles per year meaning that it would take between 14 and 19 years to hit the 209,000 mile mark at that pace.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Generally speaking, we put about 500 miles per week on our van, or 20k annually. Not sure how we manage that living in a small town, other than the fact that we go to Sioux Falls often enough (120 miles away). Because my daughter went to college, and my wife's sister living in Louisiana, we have managed 26k this first year.

On my pickup, I was averaging about 125 miles per week when the odometer was working.

Currently using Havoline HM in the pickup. Got it on sale for less than $2 qt. Will continue to use that until I run out. I have six 5qt. containers, or 3 years worth if I change every 6 months. If I can catch Havoline Synthetic on sale, I may create a blend and stretch it out even further.

In the van, I have used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, because I received it free as part of the Pennzoil UOA program. Sending in my sample this week. After this OCI, will probably switch to Pennzoil Platinum due to the fact that Wal-Mart no longer stocks PUP

Forgot to mention, I will change the pickup oil every 6 months. The odometer is broken. The van has an oil life monitor. I will follow it. The last two OCI's, it trigger at 10k miles. But, in both cases, a 3k mile round trip was involved.

Before buying our house we used to drive a lot, 550 a week for her and 350 for me. Now, about 100 a week for her and 240 for me.

Both my Sonata and Silverado are going to synthetic,

Her Santa Fe will stay the same because I renewed the oil change package at the dealer. Just can’t pass up 10 oil changes for $100.

When I was still working, I averaged about 300 miles a week. I retired last year and now only average probably less than 20 miles most weeks.

For the past several years, I have mostly used Trop Artic 5W-30 blend since I got it for $1.99 a quart and had a lot of it. I then had about four cases of Supergard 5W-30 Blend that I bought cheap and I'm almost out of that. I've switched both trucks over to Castrol HM and will switch the cavalier over to it on the next oil change. I still run 5W-20 Motorcraft in the Mustang. I haven't driven the 70 Monte in over a year and haven't changed the oil in it for at least two years or longer and I don't remember what brand I used last time.

I tend to do about 19k miles a year on my car.

If you 'average' that out; its about 360-370 miles a week.

But it varies wildly from week to week, depending on what is happening.

I use whatever oil is on the best sale; and change it every 5-8k miles, depending on what it is, weather, etc..

No carved-in-stone plan for any vehicle.

500 a week minimum M-F 100 miles per day r/t commute. That doesn't include weekends or running around after work. My Charger was killing me. Seemed like a good buy at the time....

Civic much easier on the wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back