How long have carquest red,blue filters been around?

As title says! Wondering how long carquest red oil filters been around,starting year,and the blue ones.
It's interesting the red ones filter way better than the blue ones. Red ones were 95%@20 um, blue 99%@30 um

The red and blue filters have been out a long time, but they keep changing suppliers :sneaky:

A long time ago, they were Wix. The CQ Blue was the regular Wix, while CQ Red was Pro-Tec.

For a VERY short time in 2015 or so (and I mean only a few months), they were made by Fram/Champion. Those CQ Reds were your standard Champ filters, while the Blues from that era were something like M1. Then, they switched to Purolator. The Purolatoir Reds are the Classic, while the blue ones are P1

The red and blue filters have been out a long time, but they keep changing suppliers :sneaky:

A long time ago, they were Wix. The CQ Blue was the regular Wix, while CQ Red was Pro-Tec.

For a VERY short time in 2015 or so (and I mean only a few months), they were made by Fram/Champion. Those CQ Reds were your standard Champ filters, while the Blues from that era were something like M1. Then, they switched to Purolator. The Purolatoir Reds are the Classic, while the blue ones are P1
But the efficiency's have changed too?have the reds always been 95%@20 micro s and the blues 99%@30 microns? I know the wix,well now are about 99%@21-23 microns.

So the blues were around in the early 90s? The reds too?

I believe in the last year or so they've switched suppliers again and the CQ filters now come from Champion Labs.
I could only find one I've seen cut open that was Champion labs manufactured in 2022 but there are also some made by Premium Gaurd, it appears they may have gone the same route as STP where they use a mix of Premium Guard and Champ Labs sourced filters.

So the blues were around in the early 90s? The reds too?
A REALLY long time ago, AAP sold the red Total Grip filters, which were Purolator Classics. Their best house brand filters were the blue CQ Premiums made by Affinia/Wix and Champion/Fram-unfortunately not around any more…

A REALLY long time ago, AAP sold the red Total Grip filters, which were Purolator Classics. Their best house brand filters were the blue CQ Premiums made by Affinia/Wix and Champion/Fram-unfortunately not around any more…
I remember those,I had a few I bought 2094 era never used them

My question is were the blue carquest 99%@20 microns around in the early 90s? When did they first appear?

I'm on a bored self early 90s thing. When I was a teenager 17-19 1992-1994. Favorite times. Would carquest red or blue been around 1992-94era?

Back