How important is an OEM oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only buy my filters from my local Toyota dealer. I know how to spot counterfeit parts and Toyota will pull their franchise if caught selling fakes.

Quit being so cheap and buy genuine OEM filters. You obviously care about your car by being on this forum, so don't be a cheapskate and buy strictly on price. My dealer's price is very competitive and they will price match any other genuine Toyota filter found online sold by another Toyota dealer.

Lol, you should try reading the thread before posting.

I'm not reading 8 pages of replies.

Then perhaps refrain from posting in the thread.

Anyone that goes back through this entire thread will have a headache in the end.

Simply put, typing in the part number in a search revealed several Toyota dealerships across the country selling the filters online as well as other parts. This has become way more complicated than it needed to be.

Your car gets free maintenance for two years or twice I think. You can use any Toyota dealer you choose. You also can order from any dealer nationwide that sells online. Just go to a few and see. They seem to have free shipping with $75. How can you beat that.

Your car gets free maintenance for two years or twice I think. You can use any Toyota dealer you choose. You also can order from any dealer nationwide that sells online. Just go to a few and see. They seem to have free shipping with $75. How can you beat that.
Many, but not all Toyota dealers will fill with 0W-20 bulk oil instead off the required 0W-16.

Been using M1 filters and Fram filters in the Reptoid Alien's Honda Civic with no worry of voiding the warranty or the filters being inferior to OEM. It's not like they're 2nd best, almost as good, or will void the warranty. Many on the Honda forums are upset over Honda changing to the A02 one filter for all. Those people claim the A02 is inferior to the old A01.
I'm not loosing sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back