How do you feel about clowns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
I work with a bunch of them. Not the kind that put on costumes and makeup either. Guys that are highly paid, supposed to be professionals, and let their people and themselves make the same mistakes day after day. [censored]clowns!!

You work for the National weather service? Or the Weather channel? lol

Blame Stephen King. Same with Peter Benchley and Jaws. That movie flashes every time I'm over my waist in the ocean. Clowns don't bother me, I was in my 20s when saw IT. Starred John-boy Walton, and how could he be in anything real scary?

Originally Posted By: andyd
Blame Stephen King. Same with Peter Benchley and Jaws. That movie flashes every time I'm over my waist in the ocean. Clowns don't bother me, I was in my 20s when saw IT. Starred John-boy Walton, and how could he be in anything real scary?

Tim Curry is plenty scary without the makeup.

"Trouble is", clowns can be different things.

Clowns like BOZO host kiddie TV shows and read commercials. No prob.

Other clowns do skits etc. I saw 2 clowns do a wallpapering sketch at The Big Apple Circus. The 3 Stooges or Laurel & Hardy or members from Carol Burnett's ensemble could have done the same bit.

Woody Allen referred to himself as a clown.

So what is the definition of clown in the OP's question.

How 'bout the revolving clown head which was the alarm in The Beatles Yellow Submarine?

Some guy had a tattoo of a circus clown riding on the back of a flying rubber chicken.....so who was the bigger clown?....the tat clown or the guy wearing it?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
(my apologies to any BITOG clowns)

No probs...one Halloween, my daughter did my make-up, although I'm regularly called a clown, it's not my normal look...

"I think they are creepy and not funny!"

Yes, they have never appealed to me, in any way, at any point in my life

image-4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back