How do I upload pics to a gallery?

I see, when I create a new post in a new thread, an icon of a camera, that says "Gallery Embed," but I don't see any way to upload any pics.

Click on Media, then Add Media.

1708217485279.jpg

Create a new personal album.

1708217611478.jpg

What are you trying to do? Add a photo to your post? Click on the icon to the left of the smiley face and drop the image where indicated. What is the gallery thing used for?

What are you trying to do? Add a photo to your post? Click on the icon to the left of the smiley face and drop the image where indicated. What is the gallery thing used for?
I asked if members would use photo albums more, as those images can be reused, while image attachments can't. For instance, I have reused some of the images of my Durango oil cooler change many times in different threads. Without albums, I would have had to upload the same picture multiple times using more and more storage. We currently store about 36GB of images and storage isn't inexpensive.

Last edited:
I asked if members would use photo albums more, as those images can be reused, while image attachments can't. For instance, I have reused some of the images of my Durango oil cooler change many times in different threads. Without albums, I would have had to upload the same picture multiple times using more and more storage. We currently store about 36GB of images and storage isn't inexpensive.

Yep it's easier to get back to older uploaded images if you plan to reuse the images in a future or another thread. Used imgur to host images before BITOG had image uploading features. Plus you don't have to clog server space uploading the same image several times.

Back