How aggressive is the Start/Stop in your vehicle?

The next time I buy a new vehicle one of the things I will look for is how easy it is to disable . I want no part of start/stop technology .
If it's a gm you only have to press the button on every drive. Though i wish i could permanently have it off and would have to press it to turn it on instead. It's all module controlled and the software in the radio ought to let the owners make their pick. Sometimes i forget but if the ac comp is on it won't stop until the cabin is cooled enough.

I had my first experience with start/stop recently. Went to visit my parents for a week and was given a Malibu to drive while I stayed with them. I’m not sure what year it was tbh but it had 150k miles on it. I actually didn’t know it had start/stop until I was driving it for a bit. You have to really press on the brake hard for it to do it’s thing which made it kind of weird since it only did it very often for me. When it did stop and restart it was fine if I wasn’t driving aggressive but when I was trying to get going in a hurry it would shutter a bit on initial acceleration.

If it were my car I would probably disable it but if I were forced to live with it I could manage.

Worse than the stop start which can be turned off, my wife's '22 BMW X1 drops out of gear when stopped, and sometimes it happens right before you stop moving, making the stop rough. I'm even more annoyed after watching the video posted above showing almost no fuel savings going into neutral. Maybe it's decoupling the transmissions mechanical pump and using the ASS auxiliary transmission pump like the ASS does.

Back