House 'Haunting'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously would not do it. Looked at a house with a similar story back in the day and avoided it.

Many don't believe in ghosts/paranormal stuff, but once you've had one experience, that's enough.

If you like the house and the price is right buy it. I wouldn’t fear any “supernatural guests”. I had a step-father once who was pretty convinced that he could speak to the dead. He was also manic depressive and a raging alcoholic. No wonder he saw and heard weird things! They weren’t supernatural. It was Natural Ice the whole time!

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Seriously would not do it. Looked at a house with a similar story back in the day and avoided it.

Many don't believe in ghosts/paranormal stuff, but once you've had one experience, that's enough.

You do realize that most people die in the hospital right? Lots of them even have violet deaths from gun shot wounds in the city, they even call them GSW for short. Yet thousands go there every day to work. No one stays away from them and as far I know, they're not considered haunted, there's usually lots of people just waiting in the emergency room to get in.

Never had any experience with it. Not sure how you go about "proving it". There's unexplained phenomena though. Labeling it as something is just jumping to conclusion based on incomplete evidence.

There are no Ghosts, or perhaps more precisely, there are no Ghosts unless you create them. If you (and your family) aren't the kind to believe in Ghosts, demand a price accommodation vs the market, and buy it. If you are, then run away.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
There are no Ghosts, or perhaps more precisely, there are no Ghosts unless you create them. If you (and your family) aren't the kind to believe in Ghosts, demand a price accommodation vs the market, and buy it. If you are, then run away.

The price accommodation comes from a weaker demand. Those that don't care are still interested. Those that do are not. Both types could be interested in a house that doesn't have that stigmatism, But only one is in one that has it, hence lower demand, lower price relative to the same house that doesn't have it. Or that's how it's supposed to work in theory anyway.

Beat them down on the stigma (not the eye disorder), live in it six months then advertise it as haunted and make a tidy profit.

No need for attachment.

And if it's NOT haunted, then the attachment may be there.

Wood and bricks do not harbor "spirits" of any kind. Wood and bricks are inanimate objects. Any one who believes in such nonsense is just letting their superstitions and imaginations run wild.

With this said, I would ATTEMPT to use the perceived stigma of the houses history as a negotiating tool. Knock $50K off...its a deal!

(PS, don't let the boogie-man get ya!
lol.gif
)

Originally Posted By: rummy

Yeah, it bugs the c*r*a*p outta' her. I don't blame her. Plus we have two little ones. I don't want them to be bullied in school for being the kids who moved into the 'haunted house'. I remember as a kid, about the 'haunted houses' in the neighborhood and the crazy stories that would circulate around school.

The effect on the kids would be the only thing I would worry about...they might be able to put some spin on it and end up being lionized as the kids who are tough enough to live with evil ghosts, but they could also end up being shunned and/or picked on. I wouldn't care in the slightest about it for myself, but I probably wouldn't but it with kids...my wife would probably be all for it if it got the price down enough.

Seriously, though, to exorcise the house you need to call either Father Bob Bailey or Carl Johnson...
#TheHaunted #GhostHunters

Typically homes like this are priced accordingly.

Our ski house the prior owner raped his own kids in the barn. Thankfully committed suicide in jail before trial. Post purchase called the fire department and let them practice fire on the barn.

....HOA committee....

I wouldn't worry about a haunted house... the HOA is what would send me running
grin.gif

Hire a priest and have him perform a ceremony to chase away the bad spirits.

If not, your kids might report strange noises and objects moving on their own in the middle of the night.

Hard to sell, pass unless 50% under market.

The kids part is tough, once they hear the story can really mess up their psyche! I would absolutely pass just bc of this.

Ghosts? Ha!

Plenty of houses in boring FLA

Just sold one near Ft. Myers last year for 370K.

Originally Posted By: 137_Trenton
....HOA committee....

I wouldn't worry about a haunted house... the HOA is what would send me running
grin.gif

+10 on that. A little power corrupts absolutely! Anti American and Terrible are HOA.

F that. You don't want that eerie feeling hanging over your head. Everytime you hear a strange sound/noise or something out of the ordinary, this will be the first thing that comes to mind. House is selling for 300K....you can't find something just as nice at that price range? Keep shopping.

Don't think it'd bother me. But I'd probably be tempted to do a remodel of the interior. Don't think it'd bother my kids either, they've been to a few funerals and understand death--maybe not violent ones but at least understand that we all die sometime.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
For what it's worth, there's lots of houses around here that are 100 years old or older. Lots of people died in them. Way before the internet too so you can't just look things up online. One of the designs of old triple deckers is that the front living room used to have a separate entrance so that it could be used as a funeral parlor as that wasn't that common back then and 100 years ago, people died all the time. Average life expectancy was 47-54 in 1900-1920.

Very true--kinda fitting to die at home, really. Not only that but to have the wake there. I mean, you spend a lifetime building not only a house but a home. Why die someplace unknown, alien and surrounded by people you don't know?

The deceased might not care but since death is a part of life, it seems fitting to me to have the last viewing and last goodbyes at home, surrounded by the vestiges of a life lived.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
F that. You don't want that eerie feeling hanging over your head. Everytime you hear a strange sound/noise or something out of the ordinary, this will be the first thing that comes to mind.

Que the Halloween music, LOL
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
F that. You don't want that eerie feeling hanging over your head. Everytime you hear a strange sound/noise or something out of the ordinary, this will be the first thing that comes to mind.

Que the Halloween music, LOL
lol.gif

You need to have Tubular Bells queued up. Back in the days of cassette players, I had it in the tape player and when I gave a friend a ride and he got in the car, the music started playing. He was totally freaked out til I told him it was a tape.

Mr Nice said:
Hire a priest and have him perform a ceremony to chase away the bad spirits.

If not, your kids might report strange noises and objects moving on their own in the middle of the night.

[/quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back