Honda CB900F2 (2002) - Amsoil MCF 10W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys.. Well, here is my first UOA.

Please let me know what your thoughts are..

The only issue I have with the lab was that they did not check the Calcium (Ca) count..

Note, I am pretty hard on the throttle.. Too me, it looks like the oil and motor held up very well. Also, it is km not miles as on the report…

Thanks alot guys for your feedback!

Amsoil:MCF 10W40 - No top up during period
Interval: 3 Months @ 3200KM
Milage: 24065 KM
Oil Filter:HiFlo
Air Filter:OEM New - Installed Apr 1_06

Fe - 5
Cr - 0
Mo - 36
Al - 13
Cu - 1
Pb - 0
Sn - 3
Si - 4
Na - 3
Zn - 947
K - 2
Ni - 0
Ag - 0

Anti-Freeze - Neg
Fuel Dilution - Neg
Water - Neg
Visc cST - 13.15

-

I think this lab needs to recalibrate their spectrometer, as these additive levels are too low.

Pablo is correct, the Zn level should be in the 1200-1300 ppm range for this formulation.

Assuming the viscosity test is accurate, it's very good. Basline vis for this formulation is approx 13.9 Cst @ 100C.

TS

Craigq/Pablo... This was the first purchase of a Fluid Analysis from Toromont-CAT. I assumed that they would have provided the same type of analysis as other that have been referenced here (Blackstone etc..).. I have emailed Toromont the same questions you have asked.. Also Pablo, since this is a CAT dealer ship, I did ask if they have any other motorcycle reviews online to compare and specifically my model, and they have very few...

Craigq.. Yes it was a Toromont Kit.. pretty cheap on the cost, only $17.00, and this incldued pre-postage to send in the sample...

CB900F2,

I'd consider going with another lab next time such as Blackstone or Oil Analyzers that provides a more complete profile of the oil, including TBN and total solids or oxidation/nitration. That will give you the info you need to determine a reasonable service interval.

From the limited amount of data here, these results look excellent, particularly the viscosity stability. It's pretty rare for a MC oil not to shear down by one grade after 2000 miles in a wet clutch.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back