Hit 300k miles today

Power valve screws? I had a 2005 2.5 Sentra SpecV and Loctite for the power valve screws was a common mod.
No the precat right off the exhaust manifold. It starts breaking apart and gets sucked back into the cylinders acting like sandpaper. Ruins the rings and cylinder walls.

Finally hit my goal of 300k miles today on the 05 Altima. I have been looking forward to this milestone for some time now. Original 2.5 engine and transmission, however the transmission is on its last leg and has been slipping for the last 20k or so. My brother sold it to me in 2017 for almost nothing with 90k on it. I have mostly used it as my work commuter and put 140 / day about five days a week for the last seven years or so. Being an oil nerd like everyone else on this site, I have been pretty strict with fluid change intervals. Used a lot of Supertech and Belray synthetic and Maxlife ATF. The car has never been to a shop for any maintenance, other than front end alignments. I have performed all fluid changes and other minor work myself. A few pics below. View attachment 176269View attachment 176270View attachment 176271View attachment 176272View attachment 176273
kinda ugly but I've never been a Datsun/Nissan fan. Congratulations on 300,000 miles. Nice 👍

Lt. Leary on Maxima.org forums has 440k miles on his 2009 Nissan Maxima (original engine 3.5L VQ DE) and original CVT. He bought it new September 2008. Mostly used Mobil1 5w30 vanilla with OE filters every 3k to 5k miles and Nissan CVT NS2 every 30k with external filter.

No the precat right off the exhaust manifold. It starts breaking apart and gets sucked back into the cylinders acting like sandpaper. Ruins the rings and cylinder walls.
Yeah there’s that too. I put a catless header on mine, but obviously I had different intentions for the car with a SpecV.

Nice! I'm holding out for 300k on my '99 Camry, but it's getting less miles now.

If the engine is still holding solid, has good compression and the car is overall in good condition I would get either a remanufactured transmission or find a reputable rebuild shop and shoot for another 300,000.

You should get you some stickers, Nissan of course, but not sure if anyone sells those as very few Nissans have earned the first one letalone the others.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 176281
Congrats! doesn’t seem likely I ever will reach that. My 1998 maxima did 247k but emissions did her in. Time is always the enemy and it takes a long time to drive 300k.

My Volvo had those badges. 100, 200.

I had a new 2004 2.5S(fabric seats) in the same paint & interiors color(Polished Pewter & Tan/Mocha respectively). It was one of my favorite cars I’ve owned. My biggest gripe was that the fuel economy wasn’t very good.

Power, ride/handling, comfort/quiet, outward vision, interior room & trunk space and style were all fabulous. It was a pleasure to drive daily and on long distances(NY-FL). Even the basic sound system was decently impressive. I owned it for 11 yrs.

The 3rd gen Altima had a bit of INFINITY G37/ VW Passat in the style…IMO!

I created it back in 2020 and wrote random stories about various people who had high mile cars.

Late last year the place exploded. We have more eyeballs and followers than Autopian and The Drive. To paraphrase the lat Jerry Garcia, it's been a long strange trip.
Any EV owners on there?

Man that car is clean! Good work keeping it in good shape. My CRV is at 193k and I hope to get to 250-300k but I only drive it 6000 a year so it will be a while. My friend had over 400k on his 2008 crv. He just had to replace the factory alternator.

No CVT on this one, just a 4 speed Jatco. Original alternator and water pump, believe it or not. I did replace the tensioner and pulley a couple times though. The first cat was also replace as a preventative maintenance around 200k. New fuel pump around 100k. A bit of new front end parts over the years, control arms, tie rods and wheel bearings. Also replaced the plugs several times.
Exhaust manifold cat replacement is a must on the Nissan 2.5s, that was the beginning of the end on my brother’s ‘02 2.5-O2 sensor bung rusted-I warned him to replace the whole assembly… But he got together with his mechanic buddy and tried to weld it! Bye-bye rings…

I created it back in 2020 and wrote random stories about various people who had high mile cars.

Late last year the place exploded. We have more eyeballs and followers than Autopian and The Drive. To paraphrase the lat Jerry Garcia, it's been a long strange trip.
That’s amazing, nice work! If you ever need someone to write something for you (I’m sure you don’t), I’d love to. I’m a copy writer, and I love high mileage stories (plus I’m an ASE Master Tech)...that keeps his cars to 300,000 and above.

All I will say it two things.
1) You maintained the vehicle properly.
2) Wear is minimal when operating temps are stabilized .

Back