Highest Mileage Vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sled now has about 227,000mi. Original engine & transmission, exhaust, turbo. I bought it from a dealer in 98 with 11,000mi.

'85 SAAB 900T went to the Moon and a bit back: 256,000mi. Bought new. Sole auto for 14yrs.

I've only owned two vehicles since 1985 and both are Swedish!

I recently sold an Accord and Civic, both had almost 200K miles.

The current Accord and Civic are soooo ugly I would not consider buying one.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Amen! I don't know what the designers were thinking when they came up with the look for the new Civic, but they completely destroyed it. It's easily the ugliest car made!

Originally Posted By: harry j
1993 Civic, 506,000 miles

Wow, that's a lot of miles...I'm curious to know what, if anything you've had to replace...

301K on a 2005 4.6 Crown Victoria. Original tans and engine. Besides regular maintenance not much else was done besides water pump and a/c accumulator. Still had original compressor and a/c was on the entire time. Made 15 trips from Miami-NYC with it.

My Crown Vic was a rental vehicle for the first 20K miles before I got it. I sold it for 2K bucks about a year and a half ago. The guy I sold it to still loves it as he uses the same independent mechanic I use.

Oil used was 5w20 Mobil 1 AFE. Did not use any oil between changes.

Well, don't leave us hanging...
What did you bought?

Originally Posted By: pandus13

Well, don't leave us hanging...
What did you bought?

Still getting quotes and going on test drives...

We can only ‘window shop’ the Audi, BMW and Benz dealerships.

Try Acura, different styling, naturally aspirated engines (unless you go for the NSX lol). The price of a 4 cyl TLX isn’t that far from a fully loaded Accord Touring.

Highest mileage vehicle I've had was a 09 Honda Fit Sport. Hit an ice patch and rolled over twice in Feb. of 2018.

Car had 136,000 miles on it. Only thing I did with it maintenance wise was:

2 sets of tires (not counting the orig. tires)

Front brake pads at 60K miles

New Battery in 2012. Car had 60K miles

Oil, oil filter, engine/cabin air filters everytime the maintenance minder said so (around every 30K miles for the air filters and 7-10K miles for the oil change)

Did MTF drain and fill every 30K miles

Coolant drain and fill, 1 set of spark plugs, and valve adjustment. Performed 3 of them at around 100K miles per maintenance minder

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: harry j
1993 Civic, 506,000 miles

Wow, that's a lot of miles...I'm curious to know what, if anything you've had to replace...

Changed distributor, starter, had to rebuild alternator, fuel pump, main relay that's about it.

2003 Golf TDI. Purchased new in August 2003. Almost 698,500 miles with about 61,000 added in the last 12 months. ALH (VE) with some original parts, some replaced more than once, and modest performance upgrades (turbo, injector nozzles, engine tune, suspension, brakes). A work horse, not a show horse or race horse.

CPm0ufK.jpg

Just did this to my 95 Dodge Ram 5.2 liter. It's been a fantastic truck. Hardly anything has gone wrong with it besides fuel pumps and a rear spider gear detonation. I kinda want a new truck, but I can't bring myself to get rid of something so reliable!

Last edited:
88 f250 custom 4x4 5spd I6 521,000 that is where the engine died spun a rod bearing and already was weak from low cylinder compression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back