High zinc oils available in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait… are you saying that subjective reviews should not receive any weight in one’s analysis of a product’s effectiveness? That one should rely on… objective data that eschews emotions for repeatable, measurable results? Waaaaaaat? 🤣

And yes. I know I’ve been guilty of same in the past. And I can laugh about it!
There are business empires built upon just that premise, although who doesn’t love two day shipping? Scientifically correct? Hell no - effective at its goal? Amazon’s market cap was a hair shy of 1.5 trillion today..

There are business empires built upon just that premise, although who doesn’t love two day shipping? Scientifically correct? Hell no - effective at its goal? Amazon’s market cap was a hair shy of 1.5 trillion today..
This site isn’t about building business empires on half-truths or fabricated marketing, but it strives to be about scientifically correct decisions based on data. The board has been entrusted to @wwillson who has done plenty of scientific testing himself to show the difference between shelf oils and what a no-holds-barred oil can do when properly selected. Heck, even after seeing his data on his Duramax, I would be hard-pressed to have the fortitude he has shown and been rewarded for. But, as I mentioned, he has taken emotions out of the analysis, and has run his nearly-new Duramax around ten times longer on a single OCI than most are willing to do. And that’s while towing 20k lbs for most of the time.

That’s the power of data; that’s what this site gives freely to those willing to discard preconceived notions. People including myself came here (likely) to actually learn something about oil and how to best protect their engines / transmissions / differentials… why would an inquiring mind ever settle for Amazon reviews when real data is here for digestion?

Since we are down to brass tacks, can you produce data that the product in question is fabricated marketing and or a half-truth? Bit of a glass house here if you can’t... How many positive reviews do you have on Amazon? Who cares?

I agree the marketing is likely hype, but y’all sure go out of your way to try and make others feel stupid, experts in irrelevance if you ask me.
Why would I have to produce data on CeraTec that it doesn’t do what LM claims? I’m not the one selling it.

And did you miss the part where I used CeraTec in the past, and did not have any measurable difference, so I quit spending money on it? Same with Ravenol and a few other “creatively marketed” products.

Guess I’m supposed to just remain silent while others repeat past mistakes I’ve learned from. 😱

Why would I have to produce data on CeraTec that it doesn’t do what LM claims? I’m not the one selling it.

And did you miss the part where I used CeraTec in the past, and did not have any measurable difference, so I quit spending money on it? Same with Ravenol and a few other “creatively marketed” products.

Guess I’m supposed to just remain silent while others repeat past mistakes I’ve learned from. 😱
I appreciate your opinion but as you’ve pointed out this site “strives to be about scientifically correct decisions based on data.”

Not trying to start a fight, just using the seemingly agreed upon judgement on both sides.

I use TEXAS REFINERY .. also a salesman for them . We have a oil TRC PRO SPEC III WITH or Without MOLY

1400 ppm of ZINC and with a BN (BASE NUMBER ) of 15

I have a lot of testimonials of the sucess and longevity that is a result of the oil and the machines that run the oil.
Where may I see this 1400ppm oil?

Where may I see this 1400ppm oil?
It's a bit difficult to find, but after weeding through their long list of roof coatings, asphalt cleaning solvents, grease gobbler (whatever that is), roof primer, neatsfoot, floor finishes, and other assorted oddities I did find that as he noted, the "Pro-Spec III" line has 1400 ppm of zinc. There may be another but I got tired of looking. Since Rudy states he's a dealer perhaps he can set you up with some.

Ask for more testimonials while you're at it.

Looking for a high zinc (1200 ppm minimum) oil that I can still get, ordering online is fine and price isn't super important since it's not a daily expense. I know there's additives but I always worry, possibly unfounded, about interactions between them and the oil itself. The only one I've found local is Lucas and that's got way too much, and Lucas being Lucas I wouldn't want to trust it anyways.
10w30 Valvoline VR1?

If all you are interested is the highest zinc, and you can have too much, why not get the Mobil 1 0w-30 racing oil, it has 1850 ppm zinc and 1750 phosphorus. Or the Mobil 1 V-twin oil at 1750 zinc , 1600 phosphorus. All of those are easy to find (Amazon, etc.)

An additive package is a balanced assortment of components that smarter people than me have assembled and determined to work well together . The major players in the refining business have the resources to do this the best.

Boutique refiners are usually customers of the big boys in one way or another. No need to pay them (out the nose) for a product the heavy hitters in the industry can supply at a reasonable price.

Just my 2 cents, but what do I know from nothing ?

If all you are interested is the highest zinc, and you can have too much, why not get the Mobil 1 0w-30 racing oil, it has 1850 ppm zinc and 1750 phosphorus. Or the Mobil 1 V-twin oil at 1750 zinc , 1600 phosphorus. All of those are easy to find (Amazon, etc.)

An additive package is a balanced assortment of components that smarter people than me have assembled and determined to work well together . The major players in the refining business have the resources to do this the best.

Boutique refiners are usually customers of the big boys in one way or another. No need to pay them (out the nose) for a product the heavy hitters in the industry can supply at a reasonable price.

Just my 2 cents, but what do I know from nothing ?
I thought mobil1 vtwin was in the 1200 range. Well off to find vtwin VOA. Because if it is, cool.

Nice:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back