high mileage oil, 75K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you trying to bring people down? This is not the first, second or third time I have witnessed you belittling someone for there questions/comments. You cant control how peoples minds work or there learning rate. Were you picked on as a child, had trouble making friends & now your older your esteemed to have some power in your mind -- so you think? You have no right to belittle anyone on here -- I dont care how long you have been a member or who you think you are. Everybody is entitled to there questions or opinions & you responding negatively -- serves no legitimate/positive purpose. GROW UP!!!!

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: jakewells
I don't see the needs of high mileage oil for my needs. My aspire has a little over 210,000 miles and doesn't burn any or leak for that matter.
just marketing hype because i tried some in my f150 that leaks oil and it didn't make a difference and i tried all brands.

High Mileage oils may help prevent leaks from happening in the first place by keeping seals flexible. If you wait for a leak to happen, its usually too late.
Once leaks happen, sometimes you need a Seal Sweller, not a seal conditioner thats in High Mileage oils.
Seal Sweller is sold as additives like Bar's, etc.

Yes ... that “weeping & wicking” stage before the drips start … part of getting under the machine often enough …

Because back when oil companies started to play with the idea of HM oils, the average lifespan of a car in the US was only 100k. Things just haven't been updated in awhile! I personally don't consider high mileage until a rig reaches 175k+, provided it's been maintained correctly.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
High Mileage oils may help prevent leaks from happening in the first place by keeping seals flexible.

I wonder about this too,using a high mileage oil with a brand new car from day one.

HM oils have always been in my oil buying plan. They have had some good deals on it at Walmart I just put Valvoline Maxlife in my Toyota that I picked up $19.98 a Jug. Oils more expensive than that get passed by in my buying plan generally.

I might give PPHM 0W20 a try in the Accord since I like how much smoother the PPHM runs in my 300ZX compared to the regular PP and QSUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back