High grade oil 6k interval vs mid grade and 3k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the input guys, gathermewool mentioned I need a robust add pack/ stout oil to make up for offroading, what would you recommend?

I was driving 25k a year last year, but that was in Florida where I had a hour commute, now I live in rural Missouri where my commute is 5 minutes long. Most of my driving is around town and off-road or on dusty dirt roads.

Again thanks for all the help guys I'm def. Gonna send in the oil analysis, today I changed my coil pack, plugs and
wires to deal with a missfire on cyl. 5 boy these motors get dirty.

Originally Posted By: Viking1313
Thanks for all the input guys, gathermewool mentioned I need a robust add pack/ stout oil to make up for offroading, what would you recommend?

I was driving 25k a year last year, but that was in Florida where I had a hour commute, now I live in rural Missouri where my commute is 5 minutes long. Most of my driving is around town and off-road or on dusty dirt roads.

Again thanks for all the help guys I'm def. Gonna send in the oil analysis, today I changed my coil pack, plugs and
wires to deal with a missfire on cyl. 5 boy these motors get dirty.

In your dusty conditions, air filtration is super important.

As far as oil, the ST should do just fine for you at that interval. You could always get a single UOA to verify the oil's condition at your usual change distance. This would also help to identify any air filtration leaks, if silicon showed up in the results.

I will say though other than this oil analysis there is NO other indicator of a coolant contamination.. I don't seem to be losing coolant and I don't have ANY milkshake or mayo

Have you changed your PCV yet? Maybe jumping up to 10W30 might help with oil consumption also -- atleast during summer use.

Dale

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Super Tech will do anything your Mobile 1 will do. No need to go to 3000K OCI if your doing 6000 with Mobile.

Yes there have been 10K UOA here on the forum that have proven this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back